Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Complaining about the loud alarm bells! I think this will discourage any loitering on the train.

The Journal's review of the ride was absolute sensational garbage. Avoid.
Well, the Journal has good days and bad days these days, but mostly bad days. Yes, people do notice the quality is not so good any more.

In fairness, it was probably a long day for one of the few remaining journalists there after they got rid of so many of their good ones over the last few years. So they were probably either trying to catch some sleep while riding the train, or it was their main preoccupation.

I saw this on TikTok (it’s from a few months earlier) but I can’t wait for more of these videos to start popping up. It really shows the city in a slightly different light to those who aren’t familiar with it as much.
The city should be paying people to create content like this imo. Local, and especially young people dropping content like this on tiktok, IG, unsplash, YouTube. We should be incentivizing the heck out of it. Bolsters our image and civic pride and supports young creators who obviously like our city enough to go shoot it for fun.

Dm them a $100 downtown gift card for a video like this and say “thanks for loving our city”.

The city should be paying people to create content like this imo. Local, and especially young people dropping content like this on tiktok, IG, unsplash, YouTube. We should be incentivizing the heck out of it. Bolsters our image and civic pride and supports young creators who obviously like our city enough to go shoot it for fun.

Dm them a $100 downtown gift card for a video like this and say “thanks for loving our city”.
100% agree! DM them that gift card, then they make content of restaurants/placed downtown and get that feedback loop going.

Such a good point and idea.

Thank you!! I’ve never posted, but I’ve been lurking on here and UrbanToronto for years now. So nice to see other people appreciate the beauty this city has to offer!! Making this kind of content is so much fun and my goal (besides just having fun) is to show people what I see, and hopefully inspire someone else to make this stuff, like @BeyondFinch (hopefully the same user as on TikTok) inspired me!

It really bothers me how people view ETS because it’s genuinely one of the best bus networks in the country and the existing LRT network is second to none imo (looking at you Eglinton Crosstown). I hope people see how nice ETS *can* be in the early days of revenue service on the Valley Line. It would be so nice to see people appreciate ETS and be genuinely interested in seeing quality of life improvements. Considering that ETS is generally pretty responsive to demand, I always wonder how high bus ridership could go if ETS vehicles were as clean as GO Transit’s…

P.S. Can confirm @erudyk_29 is also one of my best friends. Looking forward to FINALLY riding this thing tomorrow morning! Cant wait to make a winter TikTok when I’m back in town this December!! (Maybe I’ll ask the city for a cut of their advertising budget lol)

Thank you!! I’ve never posted, but I’ve been lurking on here and UrbanToronto for years now. So nice to see other people appreciate the beauty this city has to offer!! Making this kind of content is so much fun and my goal (besides just having fun) is to show people what I see, and hopefully inspire someone else to make this stuff, like @BeyondFinch (hopefully the same user as on TikTok) inspired me!

It really bothers me how people view ETS because it’s genuinely one of the best bus networks in the country and the existing LRT network is second to none imo (looking at you Eglinton Crosstown). I hope people see how nice ETS *can* be in the early days of revenue service on the Valley Line. It would be so nice to see people appreciate ETS and be genuinely interested in seeing quality of life improvements. Considering that ETS is generally pretty responsive to demand, I always wonder how high bus ridership could go if ETS vehicles were as clean as GO Transit’s…

P.S. Can confirm @erudyk_29 is also one of my best friends. Looking forward to FINALLY riding this thing tomorrow morning! Cant wait to make a winter TikTok when I’m back in town this December!! (Maybe I’ll ask the city for a cut of their advertising budget lol)
Welcome to the forum!

Back