Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

It amazing how much utility relocation they have completed this year, along with roadwork such as removing trees and medians along 104 Ave. The one transportation report I read said and equal amount of utility relocation will be done this year as well. Is this uncommon to get such a head start like this on LRT projects, or is this work being done early similar to projects in the past such as the current Valley Line project? Will this end up saving a lot of time and disruptions on the Valley Line West construction once it gets started significantly?

It amazing how much utility relocation they have completed this year, along with roadwork such as removing trees and medians along 104 Ave. The one transportation report I read said and equal amount of utility relocation will be done this year as well. Is this uncommon to get such a head start like this on LRT projects, or is this work being done early similar to projects in the past such as the current Valley Line project? Will this end up saving a lot of time and disruptions on the Valley Line West construction once it gets started significantly?

I think the utility work was part of the P3 bid for the Valley Line SE, whereas it looks like the city is handling it as a separate set of contracts from the main bid for the Valley Line West, which is being procured as a Design-Build-Finance (DBF) model instead.

Connors Lookout & Hill 2020-01-15 051.JPG

Back