Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

so these companies , metrolinx and transed. Do they ever get any contracts after giant flops like this? or do they just continue to do paid to do subpar jobs?
They’re both consortiums of companies formed specifically for their respective projects.

EllisDon is part of both consortiums. Go figure.

Everything looked good this morning, it looked like 5 minute service. Around 9:30 heading Downtown, I think I saw a train that had just gone off line as a train would after the morning peak hour and frequency now seemed more like 10 minutes. Heading south around 12:00 however, it seems something may have occurred which caused them to stop all trains. I can't say for sure between Downtown and 95 Ave, but from where my 73B caught back up to VLSE in Strathern, I only saw trains stopped at SB Bonnie Doon, SB on the south end of the ramp to the elevated section, NB north of Argyll Road, SB? at the Millbourne Stop, and 1 train at Mill Woods. Soon after I got to Mill Woods TC trains seemed to start running again.

They’re both consortiums of companies formed specifically for their respective projects.

EllisDon is part of both consortiums. Go figure.
Not quite, Metrolinx is an Ontario Crown agency that runs GO transit and is building the Ontario line (on top of a bunch of other transit projects in and around Toronto), so one of the two will be around for the long term -- at least until a new government has some new idea

Not quite, Metrolinx is an Ontario Crown agency that runs GO transit and is building the Ontario line (on top of a bunch of other transit projects in and around Toronto), so one of the two will be around for the long term -- at least until a new government has some new idea
Yeah my mistake, misread the comment. Crosslinx is the contractor for Line 5 Eglinton and is a private consortium. Metrolinx is the crown corp that manages road/transit infrastructure in Ontario and is the project owner for afaik all transit projects in the GTA, including Line 5 and the Ontario line.

Kind of confusing naming lol

I'm pretty sure the bridge pieces weren't there last Thursday.
20230518_062737.jpg

Yup! Noticed those last night. Btw, wouldn’t it make more sense to start on 1 end and work towards the other? Rather than start in the middle….go to 1 end and then removed, replaced and head to the other end?

Additional concrete repairs.

---

100 Street Northbound
Beginning on or about May 25, 2023, crews will be working on the northeast corner of 100 Street and 102 Avenue. Crews and equipment will be completing curb and sidewalk repairs. This work is expected to occur intermittently over multiple days in late May and early June.

To accommodate this work, one of the three northbound lanes will be closed when work is occurring. When work is not occurring, steel road plates will be placed in the right lane. The pedestrian crosswalks will remain open.

There will be noise associated with this work from construction equipment.

To accommodate this work, the public will be impacted in the following areas:

The right lane of 100 Street northbound will be closed north of 102 Avenue.
There will be steel road plate in the right lane.
There will be noise associated with this work.
During this time please watch for, and follow, all traffic detours and direction of construction personnel.

For the most current, up-to-date information in your area, please visit http://transedlrt.ca/updates/. Please refer to the attached map for more details. For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca or contact us via email at info@transedlrt.ca or by phone 780-224-0964.

Back