Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I knew it was not pretty, but this new LRT traction (or whatever it is) building in such a prominent location top off bank is simply insulting. How can we reasonably ask others to do it better when City initiated projects deliver this POS.

dscn8468-jpg.384046

Kaizen on SRC
https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/around-edmonton.24251/page-48#post-1796824
Like the library, guess we’ll need to plant some trees! :)

I will await the landscaping but we should not be 'screening' this abortion with landscaping and deserve more for such locations.

I know a few folks in the apartment to the north who are more than upset with their new 'view from the View'.

Gerry Wright facility supports urban-style LRT, pays tribute to Edmonton visionary
by City of Edmonton | Posted on March 1, 2022

The former City alderman Gerry Wright—who is remembered as a leading voice for LRT—wasn’t satisfied with the style of light rail transit in Edmonton in his lifetime.

“People had not yet learned what light rail transit actually can be,” Wright said in an oral history recorded in 1983. “We have, so far, built a standard subway system using an LRT vehicle, but we haven’t started to use the LRT vehicle to do LRT functions.”

Like the library, guess we’ll need to plant some trees! :)

I knew it was not pretty, but this new LRT traction (or whatever it is) building in such a prominent location top off bank is simply insulting. How can we reasonably ask others to do it better when City initiated projects deliver this POS.

dscn8468-jpg.384046

Kaizen on SRC
https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/around-edmonton.24251/page-48#post-1796824
Clearly, they can't reasonably ask others to do better if they are unable to lead by example. Yes, the city has the power to put in place all sorts of laws and rules, which can help better the city, but it they have to follow what they expect of others otherwise they just lose credibility and moral authority. Why are others going to care, if they don't?

I hope they fix this mess, but more likely I expect the bureaucrats will do what they usually do when something embarrassing comes out - run for cover, confuse things and deny responsibility.

Back