Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

^nice video! it's crazy to see it up close like that. I'm having a bit of trouble with the sound though. is there a bell or something going on with the train, or was that something else?

also, new LRT maps are up in Churchill, Central, and Southgate stations as of this morning. a pic:

IMG_1517.JPG

^nice video! it's crazy to see it up close like that. I'm having a bit of trouble with the sound though. is there a bell or something going on with the train, or was that something else?

also, new LRT maps are up in Churchill, Central, and Southgate stations as of this morning. a pic:

View attachment 345929
Ooh! Things are getting exciting lol. Yes, the train was ringing it’s bell as it crossed, but the sound isn’t great on my phone and there was a super loud street cleaner on 66th as I filmed so it’s hard to make much out.

View attachment 345929
Spotted them at Coliseum and Belvedere too.

Ooh! Things are getting exciting lol. Yes, the train was ringing it’s bell as it crossed, but the sound isn’t great on my phone and there was a super loud street cleaner on 66th as I filmed so it’s hard to make much out.
So, these are real bells, unlike the fake ones like the Siemens in Calgary? I much prefer real ones—that nostalgic vibe is irreplaceable.

So, these are real bells, unlike the fake ones like the Siemens in Calgary? I much prefer real ones—that nostalgic vibe is irreplaceable.
I honestly have no idea if they’re real or not, I think they might just sound a bit more realistic. It sounds the same as the TTC flexity outlook and those bells are fake so I’m guessing it’s the exact same.

View attachment 345929
Add Mckernan/Belgravia to this list, but not Health Sciences or University.
20210902_104031.jpg

^maybe because the first station on the new stretch is just a replacement to the current Nait station and they don't want to confuse people?
That does make sense, but just to clarify: They are building two stations. The first is a replacement for the temporary NAIT station, and the second is closer to the Yellowhead.

That does make sense, but just to clarify: They are building two stations. The first is a replacement for the temporary NAIT station, and the second is closer to the Yellowhead.
Oh I didn't mean to imply there was only one new station just that it may be confusing that the first of the two stations will be nait station even though we already have nait station.

they're probably gonna put up new maps for the new stations' openings anyways; that will all happen 2025/26/27. I think showing things how these do now remind people of the VLW extension without adding in the other work, some of which people aren't aware of or can't keep up with. (4 projects on 3 lines, all in different phases of construction, i talk to a lot of people who know track is being built but have no idea where).

as an aside, While the new NAIT station is gonna open with the line, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the North Station (I think it's gonna be called Blatchford Gate, but that's dumb and I'm gonna just call it Blatchford because the other one is just NAIT) sits unused until more of that area is built out; i honestly kind of hope this is the plan, as to not waste trains' time or allow people to ride the train out to the dead station and loiter and make a mess of the place. I have faith in Blatchford, but I don't think it will make it that far out by 2025.

they're probably gonna put up new maps for the new stations' openings anyways; that will all happen 2025/26/27. I think showing things how these do now remind people of the VLW extension without adding in the other work, some of which people aren't aware of or can't keep up with. (4 projects on 3 lines, all in different phases of construction, i talk to a lot of people who know track is being built but have no idea where).

as an aside, While the new NAIT station is gonna open with the line, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the North Station (I think it's gonna be called Blatchford Gate, but that's dumb and I'm gonna just call it Blatchford because the other one is just NAIT) sits unused until more of that area is built out; i honestly kind of hope this is the plan, as to not waste trains' time or allow people to ride the train out to the dead station and loiter and make a mess of the place. I have faith in Blatchford, but I don't think it will make it that far out by 2025.
It should just be Blatchford - and it's a train station not a gate that people walk through. Do you think the brain dead at ETS know that?

Back