Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

For those who are asking, here is a route map for reference.

Going back to the first map: As the legend says that the blue dots are bulletins, I think they just represent spots where work is currently ongoing, and they thus have active construction bulletins. And as Ian said, they added the zones as a reference to which zones the work is taking place in, mainly for the benefit of local residents and business owners I imagine.
0426-west-lrt-names-journal-web.jpg

Not to be outdone by Avonmore, the Bonnie Doon stop now has *two* Arc machines being installed, plus some electronic message boards.
20210819_202042.jpg
20210819_202126.jpg

Also, both ramps of the northbound platform are ripped up. Whatever the issue is, it apparently goes pretty far down.
20210819_202224.jpg

Not to be outdone by Avonmore, the Bonnie Doon stop now has *two* Arc machines being installed, plus some electronic message boards.
View attachment 342843View attachment 342844

Also, both ramps of the northbound platform are ripped up. Whatever the issue is, it apparently goes pretty far down.
View attachment 342845
Was just about to ask if the new message boards would be in the style of Toronto subway or C-Train where they combine the advertising TVs with the arrival times but it appears not

Decent scenery of the Valley Line....

With the exception of the Low Level NB - any idea when the city will throw a sandblaster on it and prevent it from falling into the N.Sask?
I've been wondering that for a while, and your question got me to look it up. As long as nothing changed since this article's publication, both spans will be rehabilitated within the next few years.

Article from 2019 - and they are quoted as saying within 2-3 years...so yeah...the time has come and gone.....

Article from 2019 - and they are quoted as saying within 2-3 years...so yeah...the time has come and gone.....
They said 3-5, not 2-3. They said that they wanted to space things out to avoid too much disruption in the area. Specifically, they cited the Groat Road Bridge and Saskatchewan Drive. Groat was recently completed, and they're making progress on Saskatchewan Drive. I think they're still on track, but of course we shouldn't assume it will remain this way.

Back