Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I believe that I have mentioned this before, but was told 3-6 months from the start of Commissioning (ComX)... so late summer early fall.

ComX and trials take a lot of time and need to be done for each train, not just the line.

I believe that I have mentioned this before, but was told 3-6 months from the start of Commissioning (ComX)... so late summer early fall.

ComX and trials take a lot of time and need to be done for each train, not just the line.
I forgot, but yes, you did mention that before! I won't hold my breath, but I'm hoping that they're still on track for the deadline they gave you. It's not like they publicly stated that time line before, and perhaps they want to remain vague until they're confident they can meet it without rushing things?

I'm sure some of these tests can be done concurrently, can they?
They sure can! They're already conducting tests on the southernmost leg between the Gerry Wright OMF and Mill Woods, and the testing will expand north in the coming months as other stages of the line come closer to completion.

Pic from a couple of hours ago. Track testing on 83 street near 76 Ave. Woot!
2021-04-08 003.JPG

Pic from a couple of hours ago. Track testing on 83 street near 76 Ave. Woot!
View attachment 311488
I've passed that truck for a few weeks now when on my way home from work. I've never seen it in action, so I'm not sure what exactly it does. What's the flatbed for?

It was in action as I drove past a few hours earlier, a crew of about 8 walking around the truck. The truck was basically midway between the Avonmore stops (North/South) then. On my return, (when I snapped the pic) it was closer to 76 Ave, so they started track alignment tests. The flatbed is for storage, equipment tests and such, and to store all the crew's lunch boxes haha.

Back