Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

From Google Earth Pro. I wish there could be a bit more of direct connection to the high school.
davies.jpg

There could be some students cutting through the businesses if they don't take Davies Road and 80 Street to WP Wagner. I also wonder if there will be a multi-use path along Mill Creek if it's part of the daylighting project.
I don't think they can cut through the businesses. Last I remember of the area, there was lots of high fencing.

I wasn't aware of all the artwork being incorporated into the pedestrian bridge. Very nice.

Screenshot_20211024-192847_Samsung Internet.jpg

Davies is probably the best looking station, yet surrounded by huge huge parking lots....sigh
At this point it's an Edmonton thing.

Davies is a PnR, Heritage Valley will be a PnR... Misericordia and WEM may as well be considered PnRs too since they're next to / surrounded by gigantic parking lots (Guinness certified for the latter)

^Honestly, I think PnR's are a good thing. It still allows drivers to go a certain distance without driving the entire commute. There are lots that will take the train but don't want anything to do with a bus.
Yes, they make good sense except to those who have an aversion to cars. As we know, neighborhood transits service frequency is not that great or barely existent, particularly in newer neighborhoods where commuters may come from.

So, you have to walk perhaps some significant distance to a bus stop and hope it is not too early or late, then you have to hope it connects smoothly with the LRT. Of course if you work early or late, the bus service frequency may be much lower.

LRT is great which is why so many people want more of it. Bus service, not so much.

It's not bad, it's just that Edmonton seems to build its elevated stations in conjunction with PnRs.

It's like they have to put the station on stilts to stay above a sea of parking.
If they can see it, they will come to the milk and honey? Like the giant McDonalds signs in the states that you can see miles away.

Back