Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WestEndWebber

Member Bio
Reaction score
First time posting. Awesome site.

Does anyone have any information on this development across from West Edmonton Mall? Construction seems to be moving along at a steady clip and will be above ground level in no time.

Job No 266010257-006: To change the use of 27 units of Apartment Housing (9-1 bedroom, and 18-2 bedroom Dwellings) to 48 units of Apartment Hotel, increase the height, and amend the floor layout (parking garage, 1-4 storeys), and to construct exterior and interior alterations (change the Building design, increase height, increase parking garage size) to an approved Building.
17104 - 90 AVENUE NW Plan 8220508 Blk 30 Lot 9

Welcome to the Forum @akerr12!

I've seen the permits for this, but have no details, other than that it's an Ed Gooch design, and therefore I hold zero hope of it looking like a decent building.

I've seen the plans and it's your typical suburban 4-storey wood-frame apartment building with faux-Mansard-esque roof. It will be right at home across the street from West Edmonton Mall!

You would think that after seeing all of the ugly 1960-70 apartment buildings scattered around the city that are aging so badly, that developers may want to make better design choices that'll last. Some are just in the game to get cash I guess ???

I've seen the plans and it's your typical suburban 4-storey wood-frame apartment building with faux-Mansard-esque roof. It will be right at home across the street from West Edmonton Mall!

Description: To construct exterior and interior alterations to an approved building with General Retail Stores on the main floor and Apartment Hotels on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th floors and loft space (adjust floor-to-ceiling heights on 2nd, 3rd, 4th floor, and loft space, adjust window placements, and amend the underground parking area)
Permit date: August 31, 2020
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 17128 - 90 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: SUMMERLEA
Zoning: CSC

There is a hotel style building currently going up north of WEM in the over flow parking.

@Daveography

Here's some more info on the project at 17104 - 90 Ave: Trendi Place - 4 floors, total of 48 one and two bedroom apartment hotel units and 3 commercial units.
1599590325813.png

Back