Tower 101 | 175m | 50s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
@.crystalised. Omg I was NOT ready for that. So funny 😂
tumblr_inline_p3nzuvJrGD1qajb9c_540.gif

I think for these sorts of sites the developer should have to have a large billboard on each face of the fencing with the company name and contact number prominent. At least then they should be motivated to either tidy the site or put up hoarding as they shouldn't want to be associated with such eyesores. There seem to be a lot of simple steps the City could take to minimize the negative impact these sites have on the city's image.

Something I thought was interesting: Edmonton's 101 Street is ranked in the top 5 most expensive streets for office space in the country. I remember this from a 2019 JLL report. Not that Edmonton needs more office space, but it will be interesting to see this residential tower in the business district. Maybe, the office component will grow as the economy recovers.

Something I thought was interesting: Edmonton's 101 Street is ranked in the top 5 most expensive streets for office space in the country. I remember this from a 2019 JLL report. Not that Edmonton needs more office space, but it will be interesting to see this residential tower in the business district. Maybe, the office component will grow as the economy recovers.

101 Street was the fourth most expensive street in Canada for office space at $48.89 per sq. ft. - even more than any street in Calgary. Colour me surprised!

^ ^^
you have to keep in mind that 101 street downtown is probably one of if not the shortest downtown streets in the country and every triple a downtown tower completed in the last 30 years excepting stantec and commerce place (albeit commerce court does extend to 101 street) is located on that short six block stretch from macdonald avenue to 105 avenue and there is no b or c space to bring the average down except for for the rbc building and first and jasper.

101 Street was the fourth most expensive street in Canada for office space at $48.89 per sq. ft. - even more than any street in Calgary. Colour me surprised!
Wow, thanks for that. So proud of our city :)
I'm glad that our financial core is somewhat tidy and compact...really serves to demonstrate on paper that Edmonton is an economic powerhouse for the country. If these buildings were spread farther out along, say, Jasper Avenue and 99/100 Streets, it wouldn't be as easy to measure.

That's why it's absolutely vital this tower proceed as soon as possible. 101 Street is otherwise, by far, the most developed stretch in our city.

Build it or sell it, Regency. But do something. We really don't want an Emerald II situation on this street.

Last edited:
I can't believe the state of that site. Right in the heart of the city. Unreal. :mad:

At least right now it looks like it could be part of the LRT construction, but once that's done and that area is cleaned up it's going to stand out even more.
They could at least wrap the fence with something to make it appear something is happening there

Back