The Quarters Hotel and Residences | 280.1m | 80s | Alldritt Land | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Screenshot 2019-01-13 09.32.30.png

From the Edmontan Sun today,

"Construction will soon start on the 80-story Alldritt Tower, to overlook the river valley just 100 meters east of the Convention Centre. The mixed-use tower will include a 300-room hotel. An enclosed walkway between the hotel and the Convention Centre is a given."

“If the Alldritt Tower is going to happen, that’s your convention hotel,” says veteran city commercial realtor Terry Kilburn.

https://edmontonsun.com/news/local-...not-to-build-more-hotels-in-downtown-edmonton

Well, let's hope that writer has some insight into the development.

Because below his quote, the commercial realtor says IF the Aldritt Tower happens. I think he'd be more in the know than the newspaper reporter.

Hope I'm wrong!

@MichaelC -- I contacted their person in charge of sales some while back and they are intended to be condos plus high-end hotel and hillside retail. @KyleBlanchett they are in the detailed design phase which includes engineering (no easy feat for this particular location). I wouldn't expect a visible construction start until late this year or, more likely, early next year.

Latest update from my source at Alldritt:
- project architect is Gene Dub and that office is still engaged in detailed construction drawings
- project commencement date is projected to be late fall 2020
- sales centre to open next spring
- height still intact in Dub version
- mixed use with 10 storey hotel, some office floors and the balance Condo with a retail base
- expected completion in about 4 years time

Back