The Mercury Block | 21.7m | 6s

Nah, I like that the white section has white frames, white brick, and white railings, whereas the black part of the building is all black. To me, it looks classy. Black window frames are a little too common these days.
Either way, it would be the proper execution. It is just a matter of tates. I like your concepts as well.

KB&Co’s 8th location is coming to Mercury Block this winter! 😍 https://kbandcompany.com/
IMG_9361.jpeg

Last edited:
Stucco can be applied in a more enjoyable way aesthetically, but generally speaking has led been the culprit of most envelope failures because of the exposure to risk from poor workmanship and application/installation.

No thanks.
The same could be said of any envelope if you have sh...it...ty craftsmanship. That is up to the company to dictate that. A good-looking face with zit is still a face with zit.

EIFS (acrylic) has disproportionate issues and is notoriously poor performing in our climate.

Look back at 4-5 storey buildings from the 90s-early 2000s with EIFS. Many have had full envelope replacements or 'leaky condo' issues that are far more prevalent than other systems. Our climate and thermal range, aka freeze/thaw often leads to these systems relying on sealant and QC to prevent failures.

TESSCO was notorious for this, but dozens and dozens of buildings have had major issues with that system.

Look back at 4-5 storey buildings from the 90s-early 2000s with EIFS. Many have had full envelope replacements or 'leaky condo' issues that are far more prevalent than other systems. Our climate and thermal range, aka freeze/thaw often leads to these systems relying on sealant and QC to prevent failures.

TESSCO was notorious for this, but dozens and dozens of buildings have had major issues with that system.
I don't disagree

Back