The Mercury Block | 21.7m | 6s

Looking forward to hearing who ends up in here. What’s missing from this area that would be sweet to see?

60A18C4B-13CE-4427-8436-82F3D53C7825.png
B6A76022-9194-44A2-8A02-2C8A1713555C.png
57BAFD75-6190-4DA5-B25F-E8529B638B76.png

Given the sizes, location, demo and possible foot traffic:

-Independent coffee
-Cocktail bar
-Nails
-Boutique clothing? does Who Cares move?
-Chinese noodle house (although maybe this is where I should open my XLB spot)
-Hair?
-Small jewelry, home spot?

C300 would be an excellent location for my Saucy Ballz and Finger Piez location -- fully licensed with area electric Segway delivery to Oliver high-rises et al.

Would love to see something like the Alt in the East Village in Calgary. I think the area is still a few years away but if development continues as it is now I think sooner or later someone will take a chance on a hotel in the area. Esp with the LRT providing easy access to dt in a few years.

Not in this building, but the area really does need a hotel. We live in Westmount and there's nothing nearby for friends to stay at unless they do Airbnb. Off topic, I know, sorry :)
That’s a great point. Even something simple like what Highlands or Riverdale has would be super cool.

Given the sizes, location, demo and possible foot traffic:

-Independent coffee
-Cocktail bar
-Nails
-Boutique clothing? does Who Cares move?
-Chinese noodle house (although maybe this is where I should open my XLB spot)
-Hair?
-Small jewelry, home spot?

who cares wouldnt move

Would love to see something like the Alt in the East Village in Calgary. I think the area is still a few years away but if development continues as it is now I think sooner or later someone will take a chance on a hotel in the area. Esp with the LRT providing easy access to dt in a few years.
I'd love an ALT (recall it was to go on 104st in the MacKenzie Tower) on the lot north of the Fed on 99ave/108st.

Looking forward to hearing who ends up in here. What’s missing from this area that would be sweet to see?

View attachment 447805View attachment 447806View attachment 447807

Their 'new' spec sheet from this post lists this as a six storey development when in fact it is seven - at least according to their website.

I wasn't expecting there to be 10 commercial units for a site this size.

Along with what has been mentioned as possible tenants, maybe a juice/smoothie bar (especially with Evolve next door).
Food in the Nod just opened in Ritchie and along with some great baking, they've got lots of local food products and gift items like candles etc. Wouldn't mind seeing that opening up here.

In terms of a hotel, the Alldritt site on 124st might be ideal.

Last edited:

Back