The MacLaren | 85.04m | 27s | Edgar | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Met him (Barry S.) at an event a couple of weeks ago for the first time (friend of a friend) and had a good chat about his concept, reasons for location, missing market and I learned a lot about wines. He was thorough, professional and knowledgeable and I wish him the best.

Like it, but still think they F'd the corner with zero interaction, dark glass, nothing inviting and no patio.
The glazing is clear, not tinted. The lack of space on that corner had more to do with how they reconstructed the old Glenora B&B building and the fact there isn't much space to play with given the width of the road ROW, etc.

4th pic from the top -- worked on this project with architect Wayne Scott (perfect name for an architect, don't you think?) back in the '70s -- at that time we designed it as a ladies' clothing store retail outlet (client's name escapes me for the moment). I am happy to see that it is still in the Edmonton mix. We had a few buildings underscoring this design idiom sprinkled throughout the Oliver district (stained Cedar siding, shed-roof forms, skylights and interior well planting). Excellent photos by the way, @Grandinite!
Hello, I just purchased a magnificent home in Wolf Willow designed by Wayne Scott from its original owners. I was wondering if you know the story behind this beautiful work of art. I will be renovating the inside that is still in its 1978 format and would love some feedback. What inspired the original architect's design?

Congrats on your new home purchase @Joeluvsarch! Our influence and work-along relationship -- Powell-Blackburn Design Ltd.-- was extensive and friendly with the Wayne Scott office. I can't think of a project from Wayne's office that didn't have some connection to myself or my partner Denis Blackburn. Both offices loved working with cedar siding and cedar shakes. Other signatures might be circular view windows that featured an outlook onto significant landscape features, steep roof lines that often carried down to the ground, skylights, and high interior ceilings.

2B371870-6D8D-4C4A-AA4F-9FA9610AE692.jpeg
29A4F5DF-44F2-4FE6-8CBC-BB563DCF1B52.jpeg
6D63C0EA-FCAB-4F67-A64A-D96B2F10FEA6.jpeg
AEA70E2B-1FAC-4577-9898-151F7FE7D91F.jpeg
A67E543E-C070-4BC6-B096-24D5E44A0ED2.jpeg
7ECA4E9F-A147-4C5E-80F8-16C5F172415E.jpeg
BFDF7678-139C-4FB4-8C9D-411587858E83.jpeg

Congrats on your new home purchase @Joeluvsarch! Our influence and work-along relationship -- Powell-Blackburn Design Ltd.-- was extensive and friendly with the Wayne Scott office. I can't think of a project from Wayne's office that didn't have some connection to myself or my partner Denis Blackburn. Both offices loved working with cedar siding and cedar shakes. Other signatures might be circular view windows that featured an outlook onto significant landscape features, steep roof lines that often carried down to the ground, skylights, and high interior ceilings.

Yes, definitely Wayne Scott with my former partner Denis Blackburn (I was not directly involved in this project -- only administratively). Denis cut his teeth, professionally speaking, with Don Bittorf, Architect before we joined as a team in Powell-Blackburn Design, Ltd. There were a lot of cross-personality influences. All players in the design of your house have either moved away or have vacated their earthly mantle. (Wayne moved to Boston and from there I have lost touch; Denis and Don have passed away; I am now working out of southern California).

Yes, definitely Wayne Scott with my former partner Denis Blackburn (I was not directly involved in this project -- only administratively). Denis cut his teeth, professionally speaking, with Don Bittorf, Architect before we joined as a team in Powell-Blackburn Design, Ltd. There were a lot of cross-personality influences. All players in the design of your house have either moved away or have vacated their earthly mantle. (Wayne moved to Boston and from there I have lost touch; Denis and Don have passed away; I am now working out of southern California).
Take this discussion to PMs.

Moved the roundabouts discussion to a new thread.

How do I private message you? I would like to share my phone number with you if you are willing to chat about what you can remember about the team that designed my house.

Back