The Hive | 75.89m | 22s | Beljan Development | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You really think we'd pull a zoning over parking concerns....not a chance! HA! We are making some changes to our plan which would have required us to rezone the site again *IF* it was approved that day. We're hoping to bring this back in the next few months.

I like this one as is, but just curious why it wouldn’t go taller to take advantage of the view? Whether rental or condo, upper floors would go at a premium given location? Or not really...because of access to site? Or are view corridors maintained as is? It just seems like that ugly condo is a big wall of a thing right in front of this?

At a public hearing on Tuesday, May 4, a rezoning application for Beljan Development's proposed high-rise residential tower in Garneau called The Hive will be considered. If approved, the tower at 108A Street and 86 Avenue could be up to 27 storeys tall with underground parking and up to 245 dwellings.

beljan-the-hive.jpg

One of the projects I'm looking forward to the most. Beljan is going to breathe some new life into Saskatchewan Drive with this project and their future project further down the street. What was the last tower to go up on this street? The Manhattan?

I still recall when the Manhattan went up the late 90s or so and people being of two minds/comments:

1. Who the hell is going go pay $299,999 for a condo in Edmonton; you can buy a real house for that.

2. It's like what you would find in Miami or Vancouver, how chic; how urban.

I still recall when the Manhattan went up the late 90s or so and people being of two minds/comments:

1. Who the hell is going go pay $299,999 for a condo in Edmonton; you can buy a real house for that.

2. It's like what you would find in Miami or Vancouver, how chic; how urban.
hopefully it will be better than some of what you would find in miami or vancouver (in some respects this was as high end as what you could find in those markets):

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouver-house-flooding-damage

Back