Symphony Tower Edmonton | ?m | 27s | Allen Wasnea | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I know @Daveography -- it was definitely built on the cheap. Few windows and even those are up against the upper floor slab (too high?) probably to reduce a little framing cost. This building absolutely aches for a redo. I like your comparison to the remand centre building; ironically, letting something like this get built is criminal. Poor residents! It is even going to be more of a sore thumb set between two buildings that shine aesthetically.
@archited I meant to reference the other building up the street too. Park Plaza must be one of the earlier examples in Edmonton of mixed use. It is kind of weird to find online as the residential portion are all rentals, but aren't advertised too well. I'm half asleep right now (jet lag from vacation), but I can't think of many others in Edmonton.

Oct. 19

PA190107.jpg

PA190110.jpg

PA190113.jpg

PA190115.jpg

Attachments

• PA190107.jpg
    PA190107.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 539
  • PA190110.jpg
    PA190110.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 461
  • PA190113.jpg
    PA190113.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 489
  • PA190115.jpg
    PA190115.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 475
Still surprised this eventually got going. I remember going into the sales centre in 2012/13 and leaving with a negative impression. Is this like Pearl where a bunch of units remain to be sold a bit later?

Still surprised this eventually got going. I remember going into the sales centre in 2012/13 and leaving with a negative impression. Is this like Pearl where a bunch of units remain to be sold a bit later?
I thought it sold for the most part; but the long time to complete the sales is also why it took so long to get going.

Their website was downright awful before they revamped it. I can't believe anyone would buy into it if their website looked like it was from the 90s and the sales centre left a sour taste in one's mouth. I guess people are free to do with their money as they please. Perhaps, the developer has a lot of rich friends that he was able to influence into buying? Who knows.

Back