Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
From late June:

IMG_7118.jpg

Went to see some units there today, on my quest to find more comfortable accommodations and I've got a few notes to make.
First, it was my first time getting this close to the building (I've never had to go near it on foot, before) and, as much as it might be boring from a distance, it's rather imposing and impressive when you're close, especially considering how much bigger (not just taller) it is than everything else around. And I love the podium and the streets/alleyways around it. Being between Stantec, JW Marriot, Bell Tower and Edmonton Tower makes me thing about how awesome it would be to see more of that same sort of density and good architecture in more places.
Now, as for the units themselves, I liked it, A LOT. Unfortunately, my phone died before I could take pictures, but everything is really top quality, inside the suites, in the common areas, the parkade. The units are, overall spacious, the finishing materials are compatible with what you'd expect from such a building and the views are, as everyone knows, simply astonishing. The ammenities are impressive, with the gym being almost as big as some small suburban gyms, including spa studio and certifies professionals on site at all times during the day (10 to 10, if I remember correctly). It certainly feels like living in a 4 Star hotel, for the most part, which is awesome but does feel a bit too commercial and impersonal at times.
What impressed me the most is that for all of this, the units start at roughly $1600 + utilities for a 1bd + den and $1860 for a 2bd+2bath, to $2650 for an outrageously large 2bd+2bath+den going up $20 per floor, from the 32nd to the 66th floor, with access to all of the amenities, 24h security and maintenance and everything that you should expect, right in the core of what is, IMHO, the best part of teh city, today.
Not gonna lie, there's a really big chance that I'll be feeding the forum with some sweet, sweet pictures from downtown developments in the near future.
And I SWEAR no one paid me to come here advertise it for them, they just did a really good job with the building!

I'm actually surprised on the rental costs, I almost bought a unit on the 32nd floor was the south east corner unit 2bed /2bath 910ft2 and less then 100ft2 balcony + 1 parking stall ($75k) came to a little over $800K with out any extras in the fall of 2017. Went to the sales center in Rogers to sign my contract and put first deposit down, I took one last walk through the show suite and decided against it. I bought an unit in the Ultima for $300K less that's 2bed/2bath 940ft2 and 430ft2 patio, all upgrades, and two parking stalls. The Stantec suites also looked too much like a dorm room with the way the kitchen was laid out.

I'm actually surprised on the rental costs, I almost bought a unit on the 32nd floor was the south east corner unit 2bed /2bath 910ft2 and less then 100ft2 balcony + 1 parking stall ($75k) came to a little over $800K with out any extras in the fall of 2017. Went to the sales center in Rogers to sign my contract and put first deposit down, I took one last walk through the show suite and decided against it. I bought an unit in the Ultima for $300K less that's 2bed/2bath 940ft2 and 430ft2 patio, all upgrades, and two parking stalls. The Stantec suites also looked too much like a dorm room with the way the kitchen was laid out.
I would never buy for this price. Actually the agent that showed me the units today told me that the one I liked, on the 42nd floor, 2bd+2bath+den would go for roughly $950K with a parking stall, which is insane.
As for the rental prices, they surprised me positively, for real... With utilities, parking stall and pet fees included, I'm looking at roughly $2900 for the 1200sqft unit on the 33rd floor.
When I moved here I thought of selling my condo in Brazil and buying a unit there, but the price scared me off and, as I didn't know the city, I gave up on the idea, but I'll probably be looking to buy something downtown if we decide to settle permanently here.
I didn't get this "dorm" feeling, got more of a hotel one, which is kind of my personal preference, so I don't mind. The finishings and interior design are akin to what I had in my condo in Brazil, this trendy "modern" feel, with light colours, minimalistic features, everything very clean and conceptual.

If you bought the unit I'm thinking of, you got a hell of a deal on a very nice place - it was definitely tempting me for a bit there!

I would never buy for this price. Actually the agent that showed me the units today told me that the one I liked, on the 42nd floor, 2bd+2bath+den would go for roughly $950K with a parking stall, which is insane.
As for the rental prices, they surprised me positively, for real... With utilities, parking stall and pet fees included, I'm looking at roughly $2900 for the 1200sqft unit on the 33rd floor.
When I moved here I thought of selling my condo in Brazil and buying a unit there, but the price scared me off and, as I didn't know the city, I gave up on the idea, but I'll probably be looking to buy something downtown if we decide to settle permanently here.
I didn't get this "dorm" feeling, got more of a hotel one, which is kind of my personal preference, so I don't mind. The finishings and interior design are akin to what I had in my condo in Brazil, this trendy "modern" feel, with light colours, minimalistic features, everything very clean and conceptual.
Well to me it seamed time minimalist and reminded me of my college dorm in looks. Not quality wise, but this is my place when I got possession to me seams more homey.
CADDEB95-EAD2-4052-AC08-407287F10A1D.jpeg

Well to me it seamed time minimalist and reminded me of my college dorm in looks. Not quality wise, but this is my place when I got possession to me seams more homey.View attachment 270360
First, congrats on the place, it does look really nice!
I am believe that, in the end, it comes down to personal preference. Personally, I love the hotel feel, maybe that's why I'm so into the suites on Stantec

Back