Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
So I’m assuming a larger store than what they have in Manulife? I’m interested to hear where the unit they’re moving into is located within the podium.

So I’m assuming a larger store than what they have in Manulife? I’m interested to hear where the unit they’re moving into is located within the podium.

Henry Singer is most likely moving into the vacated Rexall pharmacy space, which has both an indoor and outdoor entrance.

I wonder about that though and question whether or not you would 'waste' that F&B space on a higher end retailer versus the second floor/pedway level or a combination of the two.

I could see them taking the lobby side + pedway level, leaving the other half for another bar.

I wonder about that though and question whether or not you would 'waste' that F&B space on a higher end retailer versus the second floor/pedway level or a combination of the two.

I could see them taking the lobby side + pedway level, leaving the other half for another bar.
Street level true retail (not restaurant) wouldn't be a waste of the space. We need more retail at street level.

Street level true retail (not restaurant) wouldn't be a waste of the space. We need more retail at street level.

A flagship at grade would look great and be a wonderful addition, BUT I wonder if it will be off of the lobby or even second floor or a combination of the two with EF-110. My point is that if you want ICE to be an entertainment district, at the very least you need EF-109A to be a restau/pub.

Singer will be a great addition, but those kind of stores don't activate a public plaza and arena crowd; they also will want a pedway/interior entrance as well for lunchtime shopping without requiring business people to go outside.

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.09.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 11.26.26 AM.png

Last edited:
The spaces are not currently divided up like this layout suggested. There's lots of options on the south facing side of Stantec Podium where Singer could go, but I also think they might be interested in pedway level, or maybe two stories who knows.

Last edited:
I am also wondering where Singers will be. I personally think a space facing 102 Ave might be better for them than the Plaza. Yeah, they would probably want access from the building lobby too.

It could actually be a good thing if they are open a bit beyond normal office hours, say on the weekend and they would get customers throughout the day, not just at lunch or during events, so I think it would add some balance to traffic to the building and area which would be great.

10k square feet is a big space. According to the Ice District Authentics (Oilers Team Store) website, they occupy 3,400 sq feet. One third the size of the new Singer store. Based on the map above, it looks like Singer would need EF-110 and EF-109A. Maybe 109B as well for 10k sq feet. Or EF-108, 109B and 109A leaving EF-110 for a bar/pub.

I noticed that the Temporary Store Closing signs are still up for the Rexall site. They've been temporarily closed for almost 3 years now or whenever it was closed by COVID.

Back