Southpark on Whyte | 50.9m | 16s | ONE Properties | GBL Architects

What do you think of the design of Southpark?

• I like it a lot

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • I like it

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
Cities can be quiet. How do I know? Because most days in the summer I wake up nice and early and all I hear are birds. It's not until the POP POP RRRPPRPPRPPR toxic individuals roll out of bed in the afternoon or 2-stroke power tools fire up that cities get noisy - both not necessary at all and easily eliminated if those with the power to do so would only.

See Tokyo or part of Shanghai and many are wonderfully quiet, even if near or even on streets with traffic.

^^^^ That has more to do with a monolithic culture than anything else. Multiculturalism is a little more complicated.

See Tokyo or part of Shanghai and many are wonderfully quiet, even if near or even on streets with traffic.
Having lived two blocks from Whyte Ave, you would be surprised the difference just a couple of blocks and good windows makes. Yes, it is still often busy and there is some noise, but it is much more bearable.

So the good news is you don't have to move to all the way to Ellerslie, you can still live near to Whyte Ave.

20230416_130642.jpg

Looks like they finally have their first tenant!

20230416_130854.jpg

R E S T A U R A N T coming
Thank god its not another cannabis store
And not just a typical restaurant ... we will see a specialty food service with retail store. As least for now morning sunshine on the patio.
"To change the use from General Retail Store to a Specialty Food Service with 167 m2 Public Space and 46 indoor seats and General
Retail Store
and to construct interior alterations and exterior alterations"

And not just a typical restaurant ... we will see a specialty food service with retail store. As least for now morning sunshine on the patio.
"To change the use from General Retail Store to a Specialty Food Service with 167 m2 Public Space and 46 indoor seats and General
Retail Store
and to construct interior alterations and exterior alterations"
There's a sign application for a place called Paris Baguette.

Any idea about when the old Southpark sign might come back? Phase II?
Yeah it's supposed to be on Phase II along 106th. Be interesting to see when they actually commence construction on the next part. Residential portion seems somewhat occupied but the rents they ask are insanity for living with the Whyte Ave vehicle noise.

Yeah it's supposed to be on Phase II along 106th. Be interesting to see when they actually commence construction on the next part. Residential portion seems somewhat occupied but the rents they ask are insanity for living with the Whyte Ave vehicle noise.
You do realize that the vehicle noise is the tradeoff for living on such an amenity rich area, in this case, right? Also, this certainly doesn't affect or annoy everyone the same way. I, for once, couldn't care less about it, and the only reason why I never considered renting here is because the unit sizes are frankly underwhelming for the price.

If people don't want street noises, they shouldn't go live on Whyte.

You do realize that the vehicle noise is the tradeoff for living on such an amenity rich area, in this case, right? Also, this certainly doesn't affect or annoy everyone the same way. I, for once, couldn't care less about it, and the only reason why I never considered renting here is because the unit sizes are frankly underwhelming for the price.

If people don't want street noises, they shouldn't go live on Whyte.
I should add that your reasoning as well as the noise is all why I'm surprised it's leased up decently. Their cheapest 2 bed 2 bath I've seen lately is basically $2500/month. That's big money for a relatively non-luxury rental in Edmonton.

The noise doesn't bother me either--I live off 109 and Jasper--but it's a pretty common complaint among some of the other residents of my building and other people I know who are turned off by it.

Back