Scotia Place Reclad | 113.08m | 28s | Kasian

Yup. Right in the same Commerce Park as a few other O&G Engineering Consultants such as Worley Canada.

Pete Wardell 1stDirector of Business Development at Chandos Construction
https://www.linkedin.com/in/pete-wa...ofile:ACoAAAHNdjgBnMxApe0ZCW9g5-LtcfYHI7G3lSg
As Edmontonians, we all know how much strain our downtown has been under since the advent of COVID. This is why Chandos Construction is excited to have commenced construction on one of Jasper Ave's largest revitalization projects in some time.

Chandos has partnered with Morguard and Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning to reimagine the three-level podium at Rice Howard Place. Construction started in October, with both the interior and exterior revitalization scheduled for completion in April 2025.

We cannot wait for the heightened activation between Jasper Ave and Rice Howard Way that will occur with transforming this iconic Edmonton building into a Class A asset. When you combine this with the recent announcement that Canadian Western Bank's national headquarters will be moving to Manulife Place just one block away, I truly believe we are at an inflection point of our downtown's culture and vitality.

We are both humbled and excited to be working with Morguard and Kasian, along with our consulting and trade-partner teams: Arrow Engineering Inc. a division of Englobe Corp., RJC Engineers, Kerr Drywall, Flynn Group of Companies, GREEN LANTERN ELECTRIC, Arpi's North Inc., Division Nine Flooring, LTM Industries, and Rago Millwork Solutions.

please please please tell me the city is also prepared to work with the project team and owners to replace that stupid concrete bunker at jasper and 100a with a proper lrt entry!!!

this should be a grand pedestrian street from the lrt station/ecc on 102 avenue through telus park to macdonald drive and the future pedestrian bridge over mcdougall hill to the funicular's river valley access...

please please please tell me the city is also prepared to work with the project team and owners to replace that stupid concrete bunker at jasper and 100a with a proper lrt entry!!!

this should be a grand pedestrian street from the lrt station/ecc on 102 avenue through telus park to macdonald drive and the future pedestrian bridge over mcdougall hill to the funicular's river valley access...

Who knows if the items in bold will ever happen?

Otherwise I agree with Ken, that concrete bunker of an LRT entrance needs to go bye bye. They can replace that bunker with an LRT entrance that is directly adjacent to the Rice Howard Place building. At the very least, the LRT entrance should be similar to the LRT entrances on 103 St that have been in place since 2007 or earlier. I question why they have failed to convert this LRT entrance for so long.

While I agree they could work together nicely, I don't think the former is dependent on the latter, so just replace the stupid concrete bunker now. That would be a good start.

This was/is planned to be replaced or removed with the rest of the RHW redo, has concept drawings and plans with both options if I recall and is TBD in terms of planning, funding and its eventual update.

Back