What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
seems to me that theatre network could get some sort of telescoping man lift and get the work finished without dealing with the other owner and could have done so a year ago. must be something else??

Whatever the problem is this is unfortunate. Other than this, the building looks but that unfinished bit really detracts from it. I went by it a couple of days ago and was wondering about it too.

This speaks directly to the foundational basis of 'effort to assist' on abutting lands or buildings.

It highlights the absolute stupidity around the true lack of a 'neighbouring land act' in Alberta.

Ontario for example:
'When Can You Enter Your Neighbour's Land. You can only enter your neighbour's land (for example, their backyard or front yard) to conduct repairs or alterations to a building, fence or other structure on your own property if: The repair or alteration cannot be made from your own property or a street.'

IMG_5976.jpeg

some info on reddit (which I tried to bring over but was thwarted). The building abutting the Roxy on the south side suffered foundation damage during the excavations for the Roxy rebuild. Owner sued both the contractor and the Roxy. and the matter is still before the courts. Having said that, The Roxy isn't finished because the Roxy admin doesn't want to spend any money while the suit is still up in the air.

If you wish to look further, search reddit (r/Edmonton) for the following thread.

Why is the Roxy Theatre building unfinished?​

Last edited:
Too bad, because if they don't do something soon the law suit will look like "small potatoes" compared to the damage mitigation for an "open Construction site".

Probably sometime after the owner of the adjacent building has croaked, or has struck a deal with Theatre Network due to blackmail involving a hooker, a flock of sheep, a suicidal pre-teen and a shipment of fentanyl.
Your statement implies the adjacent building owner is blackmailing someone in the Theatre network for having sex with a hooker, sheep and a teenager? And has something to do with fentanyl?

^ You created a new account just to post that message?
I did.

The commenters attempt at “comedy” did the exact opposite they intended.
They’ve implied that blackmail has held up the work.

So has the adjacent building owner been involved sexually with a hooker, preteen, flock or sheep and something to do with fentanyl…
So if the Roxy was blackmailing him I’m sure that the work would be done by now.

But as it stands with the work not being done if can be inferred that the southern building owner has the upper hand and is blackmailing someone at the Roxy.
So who at the Roxy is a pedophile, prositute, beastiality committing… drug dealer/user?

I’m just trying to disgust and wrap my mind around the statement that’s been presented.
And if this is simple a matter of the poster being a moron that’s fine.
But as it stands they directly attacked someone’s character and I’m trying to understand who’s.

I did.

The commenters attempt at “comedy” did the exact opposite they intended.
They’ve implied that blackmail has held up the work.

So has the adjacent building owner been involved sexually with a hooker, preteen, flock or sheep and something to do with fentanyl…
So if the Roxy was blackmailing him I’m sure that the work would be done by now.

But as it stands with the work not being done if can be inferred that the southern building owner has the upper hand and is blackmailing someone at the Roxy.
So who at the Roxy is a pedophile, prositute, beastiality committing… drug dealer/user?

I’m just trying to disgust and wrap my mind around the statement that’s been presented.
And if this is simple a matter of the poster being a moron that’s fine.
But as it stands they directly attacked someone’s character and I’m trying to understand who’s.

Get a life...

Back