Premium Outlet Collection — Edmonton International Airport | ?m | ?s | Ivanhoé Cambridge

I agree wholeheartedly, @Daveography. A portion of retail failure in general can be assigned to these monstrosities and the bargain hunters they attract en masse.

@westcoastjos well being that it is Simons (Same people that built the good outlets all over the states - Been to the one outside of Seattle, LA and Miami) all excellent with some good selection I think with time it will be an excellent outlet.

But overall If that area is designed properly I don't see it being a huge impact on the Airport. Personally I think outside of an Airport is a genius location for the business, anytime we travel we enjoy outlet shopping so having one close to the airport for the end or start of the trip would be great.

Curious as to what negative impacts you mean Dave?

Traffic on the QEII around the area is already bad at all times of day. This mall will add thousands more car trips every day to QEII, Airport Road, and 50 St. from Leduc. This will be especially bad for people trying to get into and out of the airport proper.

You know -- they could announce 30 of these outlet malls around Edmonton and I would not be the least bit interested other than to say that society was moving in a retrograde direction.

Traffic on the QEII around the area is already bad at all times of day. This mall will add thousands more car trips every day to QEII, Airport Road, and 50 St. from Leduc. This will be especially bad for people trying to get into and out of the airport proper.

Thanks for the reply, I have found depending on the time (definitely not all the time) that area can definitely get backed up (like a good majority of the entire QEII) so definitely see how the addition of the outlet will increase traffic without question.

Are they building a new interchange for this exit? For some reason, I thought that was in the works.

All the more reason to get an LRT station out there.

Will the shops in here be outlets from Coach, Dolce e Gabbana, Louis Vitton etc? Or just outlets for shops like Gap, Roots, Simons?

@Mesopotamia Welcome to the forum! Good question, not sure any information about the retailers has actually been released, other than Costco (though even that I think is still a rumour at this point). Given the folks behind this development, though, I imagine they'll manage to attract some higher-end brand outlets.

Took this on the weekend from a moving car

IMG_20170819_133032.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170819_133032.jpg
    IMG_20170819_133032.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 459

Back