What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
I'll disagree. It might not be the pinnacle of architecture, but I'd say it only looks ugly because they've painted it. It's a decent little storefront that actively engages with the street. There's plenty of more buildings that are actively harmful to Jasper that need to be dealt with before something like this, I think.

You heard it here first -- we just signed a lease agreement with LEDR and Lorraine Bodnaruk to take over the whole Pendennis Hotel building for our new companies RoadShowz, Inc. and StreetSeenz, Inc. We are now looking to hire 442 employees including Architects, Engineers, Coders, Gamification gurus, Communication experts, First Nations entrepreneurs, Chefs, Spokesmodels, Delivery Persons, Security Personnel, Accounting Personnel, Wait-personnel, Bartenders, 3-d Programmers, Filmographers, Art Agents, Music Agents, Advertising Personnel, Realty Agents, and a host of others. If you or someone you know is interested in an above average pay structure with un-matchable benefits contact me and we will discuss possibilities.

Way to go Ted!! This is awesome news and I hope that the move in goes well!

@Platinum107, @bodsbods9090 I believe I mentioned in an earlier thread that one of our partner-clients had a sudden heart-attack and died -- that was over a year ago now and we have been adjusting ever since (to some extent). I have formed a strategic alliance with two other architects -- Douglas Cardinal (Ottawa) and J. Murray McCombs (Washington D.C.). We are working on 2 major projects in Edmonton, have had several meetings with the City re those projects and are now starting to move ahead physically with out office move and development as a precursor to those projects. Separate elements moving into the Pendennis Hotel include, as I mentioned previously, RoadShowz, Inc. and StreetSeenz, Inc. Also moving into the building will be the administrative offices for the World Indigenous Peoples' Exposition (WInPEx), TriArch (the aforementioned architecture collaboration) and a company owned by my wife and me -- Dezign2the9z, Inc. -- that specializes in custom furniture and exotic pet environments. On the Basement Level we will have a gallery space open to the public that features indigenous art; on the ground floor level we will build a commissary kitchen that supports satellite eatery locations and that is also open to the public. Teaser -- one of the satellite eatery ventures will be called "Saucy Ballz and Finger Piez" (you may have noticed that we have a zed fetish in our naming program).
We are also working with LEDR on the foundational structure for a project that will be a major downtown mixed use project -- offices, condos, and a hotel. That's all I can say for now.

(you may have noticed that we have a zed fetish in our naming program).
I dig the zed! @archited In a similar naming fashion, my sister and I had a clothing/lifestyle boutique downtown the late 80s-90s called Ze Store located in the Lloyds Bank building (now the just renovated HSBC tower!). A couple years later added Studio Ze in the East Village NYC until '01.
Consequently, Kaizen is my alternative health business for the past 20 years. The zed' related naming has sort of tamed for my sister now, though. I pick her up at the airport tonight and will share your good news re Pendennis, lots going on in the big zE!
As an aside if anyone on Skyrise E if interested, Sandra started Western Canada Fashion Week 17 years ago, and recently Phabrik Art + Design in Lisbon.
Would you be in Edmonton later next week? I can promo tickets for you (or anyone interested) to take in some or all of the events happening March 18 -22. I will leave ticket(s) at the door for Skyrisers who DM's me.

With only a few more lots to clean up this block will look really good once complete! Maybe @archited you can fill this hole with something nice ;) Regardless this might be one of my favourite blocks once complete.
Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 9.05.40 AM.png

Back