Old Remand Centre Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Boyle Street | Manasc Isaac

I am almost tempted - the cynic in me says easy money. However, it would be a very logical use of the site.

Of course the provincial government isn't logical very often and if you know who remains premier after the election, I think it might be another decade for a new court house or hospital here.
You can say her name, she's not Voldemort haha.

Not so sure about her not being Voldemort, but I am trying to avoid a pile on from her trolls.
The "her" is a actually a troll in her own right - and she is trolling the PM now - but the PM knows how to manage trolls by just ignoring trolls or actually running right over the troll which is what the PM is doing with this troll and it won't matter how many letters the troll writes to him.

Calgary is getting a new Appeals court facility.
Interesting. I gather its not planning money and if the information here is still correct and a lot more than 3.2 million too.

However, I like how they are making an effort to keep and enhance the historic building if that is still the plan.

Buh bye. Shame we could not have converted into a supportive housing project.
it’s a shame we could not have converted it into market housing which is really what that area needs. it has great potential for two story “split level” suites and/or high ceiling loft spaces without having to remove existing slabs and without having to do major structural changes. it also has lots of potential amenity spaces (no pun intended) and potential retail with the multi-use path on one side and the brownlee building on the other.

Last edited:
If the Remand is to be demolished, I want them to replace it with a swanky new courthouse and an expansion of Mary Burlie Park. Then they can repurpose the current law courts building with an expansion of the AGA and maybe a mixed-use tower with a park.

Speaking of which:

Back