Old Remand Centre Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Boyle Street | Manasc Isaac

^^

There is a lack of imagination/vision, not a lack of practical uses.

Just like the Annex.

And I’m afraid one day just like the old RAM… :(

Infrastructure did list this one as "In preparation for sale" in November 2022. Site is a little small and in an awkward spot. I think they build the new court house elsewhere IMO. I could see them offering this property to the City.

A 7'x10' storage space is over 200 .00 per month. A basement suite for living at roughly 750-950sqft fetches 1100.00 per month. 200x10= 2000.00.
Those cells are perfect size for storage. No water require, minimal heat required, my normal electricity require. Put that into perspective.

^

To be honest the City doesn’t have either the capacity or the imagination/vision either. :(
You mean extending the EPS surface parking lot isn't visionary? 🤪

It’s being demolished and it’s underway. Once it’s gone let’s see what the Province plans for the site, if anything or holding it for future use. I doubt they will sell it but may gift it to the City.

Does anyone believe the province OR the city will actually do anything good with that land? My guess is it will remain vacant for years and gradually become another illegal parking lot.

It will sit empty for 3 decades most likely that is why I'm adamant with this structure to remain erected for continuity. This street is finally starting to look promising. I also hope Qualico, once the revised added height tower comes to fruition, they tackle the corner lot abutting RAM after. If a new court building is procured, it should be south/across the street from the Police head quarters. That would be huge visually with great impact on density.

Back