Manulife Place Renovations | 145.99m | 36s | AIMCo | MdeAS

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Anyways, I've heard from one of the bigger GC's that there is an RFP coming back out for the podium....value around $30M IIRC. So that is good news.
I hope this happens. Manulife is a good building. The podium level was hard hit by things over the last few years, but now is the right time to update and refresh the it, particularly as several of the long term tenants on the main level are not there now.

In the old Holt Renfrew space on the 2nd level

20231005_123444.jpg

So I'm guessing that means that the $30 million renovation for the podium is almost a certainty at this point?
I heard a couple of weeks ago that the reno was dead. Given the new information about CWB, I am guessing that the previous reno is dead and this reno will be specific to and will likely include the CWB branch on the main floor that was intended to go into the ID.

While the old reno would have been nice, it was basically just adding glass and renderings were all night time views which makes it look fancier than it is. A fresh concept hopefully with really good architecture would not be a bad thing.

Honestly, if they're doing renos and allowing signage for CWB, I just hope they might add in some form of coloured lights or something similar to that. Would be nice to have the financial core have more colour at nighttime.

Usually, floor fit-up is paid for by the tenant. Common areas like the podium, elevator lobbies on each floor (unless this is what you meant) and building envelope are paid for by the landlord.
With most deals Landlords typically include a tenant improvement allowance as part of their inducement package. Dollar amounts range, however, recent office deals have seen allowances in the $50-75/SF range.

Anyways I think this is a great, great thing for Manulife and our downtown office market TBH.

Back