Manulife Place Renovations | 145.99m | 36s | AIMCo | MdeAS

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Is this the long awaited $30 million renovation?
Yes (CWB's new head office retail branch will be in the NE corner kitty corner from TD Bank).

Manu.png

Honestly it’s a bit of a bummer but anything right now is a massive improvement over the concrete facade. I thought that there was a key retail anchor that was accompanying WCB’s move or is that in a different corner?

Honestly it’s a bit of a bummer but anything right now is a massive improvement over the concrete facade. I thought that there was a key retail anchor that was accompanying WCB’s move or is that in a different corner?
There is a larger CRU around 6,700 sq. ft. at the NW corner of the podium, maybe that is what you are referring to?

510480581.png

Well it is an improvement to what it is there currently, but I liked the previous design from years ago more. I do feel the corner location would be better for retail, but perhaps the bank wanted the more prominent spot.

This seems to involve less change to the exterior, so perhaps it will be easier to do and it also keeps more of the character of the building while modernizing it some.

Well it is an improvement to what it is there currently, but I liked the previous design from years ago more. I do feel the corner location would be better for retail, but perhaps the bank wanted the more prominent spot.

This seems to involve less change to the exterior, so perhaps it will be easier to do and it also keeps more of the character of the building while modernizing it some.
I just feel like we cant say with a lot of certainty that millennials have made it i to decision making positions, and brought their grey with them.

These three pictures capture my feelings perfectly:

1. Current state is bleak with 0 vibrancy
2. CWB update brings some vibrancy during the day but not a lot cause, well, its a bank
3. Third and oldest picture would bring more vibrancy and in the evenings/throughout the day due to its multi-use

Having a bank there I guess is good cause its better than what's currently there but that is a low bar. A bank will definitely not activate that corner and certainly not in the evenings after close. Better but missed opportunity.

Back