Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
From C2E:

Limak Investments/Urban Capital of Toronto (http://www.urbancapital.ca/)

Blue Plate Diner building + lot to the north (not including Phillips Lofts parking lot)

3 storey podium/13 storey hotel/17 storey condo
165 units
4 stories underground parking
112 metres

Hotel is rumoured to be something Calgary has be we don't
icon_smile.gif

10145 104 St Community Information Session Invite-page-001.jpg

10145 104 St Community Information Session Invite-page-002.jpg

Attachments

• 10145 104 St Community Information Session Invite-page-001.jpg
    10145 104 St Community Information Session Invite-page-001.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 2,164
  • 10145 104 St Community Information Session Invite-page-002.jpg
    10145 104 St Community Information Session Invite-page-002.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 2,123
I love Blue Plate and would be sad if they shut down.

But the building they're in is not heritage and not really anything special architecturally, so it's a pretty good candidate for redevelopment.

Rumour on the hotel is Le Germain, though it might also be Alt. The architect has worked with both, and has an impressive portfolio: http://www.lemaymichaud.com/en/projects/

So if this is being designed by LEMAYMICHAUD, you think this is gonna be an Alt Hotel? They have done the designs for all of their buildings (IIRC) in Canada.

I love Blue Plate and would be sad if they shut down.

But the building they're in is not heritage and not really anything special architecturally, so it's a pretty good candidate for redevelopment.

Rumour on the hotel is Le Germain, though it might also be Alt. The architect has worked with both, and has an impressive portfolio: http://www.lemaymichaud.com/en/projects/
To each their own my friend. Restaurants are terribly subjective. Haha. I was at Blue Plate for lunch this week and thought it was mediocre and overpriced for what it was. However, I appreciate that they have stayed open on 104th for as long as they have and do have a good following. :)

Historically the building housed Edmonton's First After hours, Alternative-punk club. Krieg. I remember SNFU (with Evan C Jones on drums) and KD Lang hanging out there. Spider Yardley Jones was there most nights. Fashion designer Stanley Carrol was there along with a few others that moved to NY and London.

I also found Blue Plate mediocre :confused:. I think this development would be amazing for 104th St, and Blue Plate will have no trouble finding somewhere else in the core. There are lots of great vacant CRUs. Heck, it could go where Alder Room/Alta are leaving.

Personally, I love the architect and their work. Always beautiful! I have zero problems with them nor the idea of a hotel nearby. Actually on 4th isn't even the issue with me. It's the changing of Heritage Zoning which bothers/worries me. This street is an incredible one and has risen from the ashes to become such a community in the heart of downtown Edmonton. It would be sad to actually have this go through which then opens the doors to other businesses such as the MegaClub that community-driven voted against. If this rezoning is approved, such MegaClubs or other businesses can and will kill the historical vibe that is 4th street. Go to the Ice District which is literally, three blocks north. Just me two cents.

Anyways, the meeting is tonight from 5-7pm at the Blue Plate.

Back