Londonderry Affordable Housing Redevelopment | ?m | 7s | CRHC | GEC

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is this project still affordable housing?? Genuinely asking because those look like really well done buildings with nice units. Not saying all affordable and supportive housing looks cheap and has bad units, but that's usually how it's been unfortunately.

It is; it's actually mixed-market housing, which means a mix of mix of market-rate, affordable (20 per cent under market), and social housing units.

Is this project still affordable housing?? Genuinely asking because those look like really well done buildings with nice units. Not saying all affordable and supportive housing looks cheap and has bad units, but that's usually how it's been unfortunately.
Yes, it's affordable markert, near-market and subsidized housing managed by Civida (formerly Capital Region Housing).

New images of Londonderry: https://gecarchitecture.com/projects/londonderry-mixed-market-housing/

JPEG-LR-LONDONDERRY-14.jpg

The area around Londonderry is ripe for density, with 142 Ave having a pile of schools including a high school, rec centre, and the mall.

In a fantasy future I envision LRT running down 137 Ave from a Hermitage Park station and then south to WEM, connecting with other LRT nodes at Clareview, Castledowns, and WEM, with a stop at a superdense Londonderry redevelopment district.

Back