Lewis Farms Community Recreation Centre | ?m | ?s | Saucier + Perrotte

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
It is really too bad it wasn't considered given the scope of this project. The current terminus won't have a ton of nearby walkable homes whereas the rec centre would not only be a destination but a lot of people are quite close in Secord/Rosenthal.

I get the challenges of coordinating major infrastructure projects, funding/approval timelines and sequencing, but to not pair these truly shows incompetence and inexperience.

Any larger, more mature city would connect the two and take advantage of the opportunity.

I get the challenges of coordinating major infrastructure projects, funding/approval timelines and sequencing, but to not pair these truly shows incompetence and inexperience.

Any larger, more mature city would connect the two and take advantage of the opportunity.
Not to mention the major density around the rec centre being built…like 5+ large apartments.

Plus the shopping centres.

How this wasn’t planned like a university district in Calgary blows my mind. Brewhouse, browns, save ons, Sobeys, daycares, library, rec centre. All the pieces are there.

Then have the LRT connect it all.

Instead we have a golf course/creek/woodlands next to a 3 billion dollar LRT and a car dependent community with lots of great amenities, all 10 minutes apart and necessitating cars and massive parking lots.

Awesome 🙃

Back