News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

I'm not sure if I totally understood Flairs media comment, or it was spin, but it seemed to indicate the cut was just to return to previous service levels.

So if this is what they need to do to remain viable, then I am ok with it. They have had a competitive effect on prices and more service, not just in Edmonton but elsewhere too.

I do not want us to return to having a cozy duopoly or small oligopoly. That was not good for Edmonton and many other places too.

Sad, but true. I was one of these, unfortunately. When I went to San Diego, the only option I could afford to fly out of YEG included an 11hr layover in YYC, so I just drove down and flew straight from there. I don't know which one annoys me the most: having to fly from YYC or having to drive there for it
I’ve actually cancelled trips because I just won’t fly out of Cgy. I just can’t do it. When I went to San Diego last month, I flew to LA from Yeg and then drove to San Diego.

I’ve actually cancelled trips because I just won’t fly out of Cgy. I just can’t do it. When I went to San Diego last month, I flew to LA from Yeg and then drove to San Diego.
I would've done the same, but my budget was too tight for it.
I've done this before in trips to Texas, for work, when the money wasn't coming from my own pocket.

Flair’s online booking has been down since Friday afternoon. Doesn’t look like a good sign for a company that keeps having bad press about their finances.

I've got return flights to Vancouver in two weeks on Flair. And accommodations booked. Not feeling great.

Screenshot_20240324-145356_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I've got return flights to Vancouver in two weeks on Flair. And accommodations booked. Not feeling great.

View attachment 550762

Checked flighthub and it's still showing my flight to Vancouver but on the return date it shows two different times for the return flight. When i booked the options were 12:05pm and 1:50pm (which I thought was odd) and now flighthub is showing 8:30am and 6:45pm.
I'm sure I will be getting an email when Flair gets around to it. 🙄

Edit: flight hub is currently showing 4 flair flights from Van to yeg on my return date - the two options that were there when I booked and now two more times noted above. 🤷

Last edited:
Got back this morning from Las Vegas and have to say our image for travellers either returning home or arriving in our city is not inspiring. The US corridor is long, nothing special, then customs. Waited 28 minutes for any luggage to appear at 1 AM. This is a bit better than last time when it was 45 minutes. Then you exit. Concrete and cold. Signage is colourful but no electronic signage of when the next parking bus coming. And did I mention cold. Wind breaks or heaters or anything could help. Then to get out of the YEG parking. I must state now I do not like the current parking system. I preferred the old pay online with a credit card and when you arrive, you place your credit card in the machine and it knows it’s you on entrance and exit. Now we have a small little QR code. Which you have to contort your body to get your cell phone underneath it depending on your vehicle. But the worst is the lack of good lighting at the parking exit. Good luck trying to decipher he machines with the low lighting. And a tiny phone number to call if you have problems. Nobody at the building. Last night got held up 15 minutes due to people in front having problems as well as my QR code not working. Only thing I can assume is management at the airport does not practise walking around as these are all fairly easy fixes to make the customer experience more positive or at least less negative.

Last edited:
Got back this morning from Las Vegas and have to say our image for travellers either returning home or arriving in our city is not inspiring. The US corridor is long, nothing special, then customs. Waited 28 minutes for any luggage to appear at 1 AM. This is a bit better than last time when it was 45 minutes. Then you exit. Concrete and cold. Signage is colourful but no electronic signage of when the next parking bus coming. And did I mention cold. Wind breaks or heaters or anything could help. Then to get out of the YEG parking. I must state now I do not like the current parking system. I preferred he old pay online with a credit card and when you arrive, you place your credit card in the machine and it knows it’s you on entrance and exit. Now we have a small little QR code. Which you have to contort your body to get your cell phone underneath it depending on your vehicle. But the worst is the lack of good lighting at the parking exit. Good luck trying to decipher he machines with the low lighting. And a tiny phone number to call if you have problems. Nobody at the building. Last night got held up 15 minutes due to people in front having problems as well as my QR code not working. Only thing I can assume is management at the airport does not practise walking around as these are all fairly easy fixes to make the customer experience more positive or at least less negative.

Good points. This should really be shared with YEG as well - they need to understand the experiences people are having.

Back