Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
1582319438135.png
1582319476501.png

I'm not saying that it is bad for the banks -- it's not! It is bad for the pedestrian flow through the Plaza. Originally there was supposed to be a sports oriented retailer or hospitality element where it is now demarcated as TD. Great for TD; bad for pedestrian flow! Hey, I am not anti-TD -- they are our Canadian bank. Banks kill retail and the pedestrian street -- the Ice is going to have a harder time leasing the rest of the space -- bad mix right out of the gate,

Not sure why TD needs an Ice District branch when their main Edmonton branch is two blocks east and one block south...
I agree with @archited - this is bad for street interaction at what is supposed to be Edmonton's liveliest plaza (though it certainly hasn't been to date).
A supermarket chain and a bank branch...this development could be Capilano or Northgate or any other suburban mall, minus the surface parking.
All that's missing is a Walmart Supercentre.

Last edited:
Not sure why TD needs an Ice District branch when their main Edmonton branch is two blocks east and one block south...
I agree with @archited - this is bad for street interaction at what is supposed to be Edmonton's liveliest plaza (though it certainly hasn't been to date).
A supermarket chain and a bank branch...this development could be Capilano or Northgate or any other suburban mall, minus the surface parking.
All that's missing is a Walmart Supercentre.

With City Centre Mall having been sold recently, I would bet that they'll be moving out of CCM soon and moving to Ice District.

Back