Hat @ Old Strathcona | 66.14m | 20s | Cidex Group

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope we hear news on this soon. This one will be excellent for this area.
Would be a game changer for sure. On a side note it would be excellent if some small developer like rndrsqr or beijan were to buy the scona garage building right across the street. Would make for an excellent mixed use programme if they partitioned up the ground level retail and did co-working spaces on the second floor

This is a project that I'm really hoping see's the light of day sooner rather than later. Like I mentioned a couple pages back, it's insane to me just how desolate Old Strath' becomes just a block south of Whyte. Some new, urban-oriented, storefronts would do wonders.
Would be a game changer for sure. On a side note it would be excellent if some small developer like rndrsqr or beijan were to buy the scona garage building right across the street. Would make for an excellent mixed use programme if they partitioned up the ground level retail and did co-working spaces on the second floor
I was just thinking that the other week when I passed by. Allegedly the upper floor apartments are still there, completely intact, but in a state of ruin. From what I understand they were used for storage since the building was brought back from the brink of death in the late 1970's. I'd really love to see Beljan take it over, I'm sure they'd do something great with it.
Scona Apartments & Garage (Winter).jpg

Development permit tentatively going to EDC pre-application on March 17:

E. UPCOMING APPLICATIONS, CONFLICTS AND REGRETS (March 17, 2020)
Hat @ Old Strathcona - Informal / DP - Bakri Kronfol - NORR

Surprise! It's another Hat...
Dave - you should post a stickied locked thread with process flow of the development process. I'm always curious what stage things are in and never know the full development cycle.

Development permit tentatively going to EDC pre-application on March 17:

E. UPCOMING APPLICATIONS, CONFLICTS AND REGRETS (March 17, 2020)
Hat @ Old Strathcona - Informal / DP - Bakri Kronfol - NORR

Surprise! It's another Hat...

Looks like EDC is going ahead with virtual meetings, and this formal is moved to tomorrow, April 1:

Members of the public can join by contacting edmontondesigncommittee@edmonton.ca or 780-508-9503.

Looks like it changed to an informal and was closed to public.

INFORMAL PRESENTATIONS (Closed to the Public)
The Applicant confirmed that this project would be presented as an Informal Pre-Consultation; therefore this presentation was closed to the public.
B.5. Hat @ Old Strathcona (Development Permit)
Bruce Mackenzie - NORR

Reference ID: Job No 364536438-002
Description: To construct 3 Apartment House buildings (16, 19, and 21 Storeys for a total of 457 Dwellings) with main floor General Retail Store Uses, and a single Storey General Retail Store building ¿ all with underground parking. Non-Accessory Parking will be developed in a portion of the underground parkade.
Plan 8163ET Blk 49 Lots 11-28
Applicant: NORR ARCHITECTS ENGINEERS PLANNERS
Create Date: 6/9/2020 1:57:18 PM
Neighbourhood: QUEEN ALEXANDRA

Back