Glenora Park | 81.99m | 22s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Project construction is a little strange, the North section that the tower is built on is above grade, while the South section of the pit is still at the bottom of the underground parking.

I suspect the reason for that would be time management. The tower portion can be done first to allow for int/exterior finishings to be installed after while the easier portion of underground parking is being worked on. This is a huge parking so constructing this would be much easier than a restraint space like 'Encore'.

I suspect the reason for that would be time management. The tower portion can be done first to allow for int/exterior finishings to be installed after while the easier portion of underground parking is being worked on. This is a huge parking so constructing this would be much easier than a restraint space like 'Encore'.
Makes sense. Retirees in Alberta will still love their cars for another 50 years or so.

5201DDBD-06D4-41D8-ACA2-E248A08ACB88.jpeg
94617E9F-DADD-4388-B4C8-9C3670A16658.jpeg

Description: To construct the EXTERIOR CLADDING & ENVELOPE on a seniors care facility - Clifton Place. 22 Storey Apartment
Permit date: September 11, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (05) Structural Frame
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Day Cares, Nursing Homes (650)
Address: 10150 - CLIFTON PLACE NW
Neighbourhood: WESTMOUNT
Zoning: DC2

I love this project. By orientation, it shows sensitivity to river valley views, excellent ground floor orientation to a park-like setting, and the retired community has the aspect of having many amenities built into their vertical community. If I were to retire -- which I have vowed never to do -- this is the kind of project that would appeal to me. On my Stinkweed scale i give it an 85 for aesthetics (it would have been slightly higher except for the clunky roof-top mechanical room construct). On the functional scale I give it a 95 -- it is a dream development from the perspective of site engagement, amenities, and serenity for the community that it is intended to serve -- it is also close to amenities on 124th street.

Last edited:

Back