Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Sadly, very little innovation or evolution over the years...
Langham is basically responsible for half of 104th Street at this point and they've produced some heinous eyesores in the process. At least on podium-level, Icons are ok. As much as this lot has potential to "extend" 104 south of Jasper more with engaging CRUs, based on the path the Fox podium has taken, I'm a little skeptical. 104th feels like a failure to launch, especially without the City Market.

Yeah, I remember the hype around the Icon towers. And it's been their most successful towers to date, which is saying a lot considering the forever eyesore they produced for Beaver Hills House Park.

Lots to unpack there... but at least we avoided this, right?

Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 10.47.10 PM.png

Lots to unpack there... but at least we avoided this, right?

View attachment 483473

Why is the choice between bad and moderately less bad?

The Century is actually kind of similar to the Icons in that their podium is good and works well in the context of the street. The tower - much less so. But at least TNP had the wherewithal to consider the fact that buildings usually have more than 3 sides. The Century isn't anything to write home about, but I'd rather see that from 105th and Jasper than the absolute nothingness of bland white stucco and punched windows that are only broken up by the absolute afterthought of that curtainwall box at the top.

Honestly, at this point, I just wish they'd kept with the black stucco in the earlier renders... at least that wouldn't end up looking quite so dirty and gross 10 years down the line.

29:floors is a lot less than the 38 originally proposed. The unit numbers for Tower 1 have shrunk from 296 to 240 so a loss of 56 or 5.6 units per each of the 10 floors cut. And the 240 units is 8.275 units per floor based on 29 floors. They must have really shrunk the unit sizes. Maybe someone has a better grasp of what is happening with the reductions.

“Address 10019 104 Street NW, Edmonton, T5K 2X7
Category Residential, Commercial (Retail)
Status Under Construction
Number of Buildings 2
Height 558 ft / 170.00 m, 476 ft / 145.00 m
Storeys 38, 44
Number of Units 296, 356
Developer Langham Developments Limited
Architect Arc Studio, KENNEDY

I wonder how much the second tower will be cut from the planned 44 as posted here.

29:floors is a lot less than the 38 originally proposed. The unit numbers for Tower 1 have shrunk from 296 to 240 so a loss of 56 or 5.6 units per each of the 10 floors cut. And the 240 units is 8.275 units per floor based on 29 floors. They must have really shrunk the unit sizes. Maybe someone has a better grasp of what is happening with the reductions.

“Address 10019 104 Street NW, Edmonton, T5K 2X7
Category Residential, Commercial (Retail)
Status Under Construction
Number of Buildings 2
Height 558 ft / 170.00 m, 476 ft / 145.00 m
Storeys 38, 44
Number of Units 296, 356
Developer Langham Developments Limited
Architect Arc Studio, KENNEDY

I wonder how much the second tower will be cut from the planned 44 as posted here.
Remind me, what is going to be the height of the under-construction tower? 110 meters?

Back