Encore Tower | 138m | 43s | Westrich Pacific | Dub Architects

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Crossing my fingers that the CWB building doesn't totally obstruct Encore from the south view. It'd be nice to see some of Encore's height peeking above from the Sask Dr./Walterdale bridge view.

Crossing my fingers that the CWB building doesn't totally obstruct Encore from the south view. It'd be nice to see some of Encore's height peeking above from the Sask Dr./Walterdale bridge view.

? Encore already is visible from Walterdale and many places on Sask Drive and it's not even at full height ?

CWB is far enough away from Encore to only block it from a very narrow angular window. And the black former ING/Enbridge bldg., while closer to Encore, is quite narrow and considerably shorter than CWB.

Mostly views of the finished Encore will be obstructed from the NE (Ice District & ECC towers) and the SE (Manulife, Commerce & Telus)...

? Encore already is visible from Walterdale and many places on Sask Drive and it's not even at full height ?

CWB is far enough away from Encore to only block it from a very narrow angular window. And the black former ING/Enbridge bldg., while closer to Encore, is quite narrow and considerably shorter than CWB.

Mostly views of the finished Encore will be obstructed from the NE (Ice District & ECC towers) and the SE (Manulife, Commerce & Telus)...
Ok. Thanks.. I'm going by photos mostly. I haven't been in town for a while so that's good to hear.

A few photos of Encore from when I was in Edmonton last weekend to meet my niece.
A

Ok. Thanks.. I'm going by photos mostly. I haven't been in town for a while so that's good to hear.

Ah, makes sense now ! The reason I'm very sure of visibility from Walterdale is that I've been closely watching that and this week got to test it in reverse - got a quick look from my future place in Encore and could see the bridge, which I view as a very iconic sight that I really hoped I'd be able to see. So far, so good - until Falcon proceeds, I suppose... I guess the economy will determine the length of this "window of opportunity", lol

Congrats on your new soon to be home, and welcome to the forum. What floor?

Thx... mid-20s, so what gaps I'll be able to see thru was certainly part of the calculation ! I like the look of nearby urban towers, generally, but you want to be able to see some of the horizon too...

Thx... mid-20s, so what gaps I'll be able to see thru was certainly part of the calculation ! I like the look of nearby urban towers, generally, but you want to be able to see some of the horizon too...
Nice, and I know what you mean regarding your views. Gaps as in filling the urban fabric from the veiw from the outside looking in. A more dense skyline.

Back