What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nice day to raise some towers eh

1543438361116.png

Weird , I would have thought it was grandfathered in regardless? Hmmm...
Thanks for the pic's !

Last edited:
@Kaizen Value engineering then? Either way, not exactly what I was expecting from the renders...

Edit: I guess going back and looking at the closer-up renders, it's not that far off, they just took some liberties smoothing out the texture making it look more like curtainwall.

17585-60399.png

17585-60400.png
17585-60401.png

Which direction is that wall facing?

The wall facing north certainly looks curtain in most of the renders, but I'm not so sure of the other walls.

@Daveography -- I have to think that curtainwalls are very cost effective (my experience anyway) and the new systems -- designed to the most current energy codes -- are through-the-roof R-value-wise. Oblique panels get R value ratings of 24 or better; and triple-glazed units are higher than 10 (especially with partial vacuums and argon gas filling). The color selection used to be fairly minimal, but today the rainbow is jealous -- and glazing panels can be color-tuned to solid panels for a very uniform appearance. Sorry to say, I am a big fan of spandrel panels - they have come a long way from the days of Oxford towers.

Back