Edmonton Tower | 129.84m | 27s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
From the site cameras, I noticed hoarding going up around the tower south of the Edmonton City tower -- anyone know what's planned for here? south of the restaurant project?

@archited Aluminum panel repairs on Bell Tower:

PERMIT_DATE April 14, 2016
PERMIT_NUMBER 148875584-017
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10104 - 103 AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct exterior alterations to an office building, consisting of reinforcement of aluminum panels (Bell Tower)
BUILDING_TYPE Office Buildings (520)
WORK_TYPE (03) Exterior Alterations
FLOOR_AREA
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 580,000
ZONING CCA
UNITS_ADDED 0

@archited That would have been nice, their lobby and micro-plaza on the south side is considerably wasted space. To their credit, though, they have managed to add more use to previously wasted space with the cafe in the lobby and the new Joey's on the north side.

May 17 - Crane on its way down

Something that is not particularly evident in the renderings but that you have begun to capture here @Hilman is the interplay of ambient light off of the undulating forms of the Rogers Place Arena at night. Very exciting! That combined with edge-defining OLED tracer lights of the Edmonton Tower and the panoply of lighting effects possible on the Stantec tower should make for an awe-inspiring event centre! As people are drawn to the area -- residents, visitors, "aliens"-- I can envision a whole lot more development for downtown Edmonton, and some very imaginative and creative solutions for future projects.

Back