Edmonton Motors Lands Redevelopment | 170.07m | 56s | Pangman

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Don't forget about Cranky's
True but there was a long gap between Western closing and Crankys opening. MEC yes it does carry bikes but its not a true bike shop. Western had a pretty big market share for the time it was there. They had less residential than now. Andy Put Crankys in the best spot though. Right in the heart of things. I'm surprised Mud Sweat and Gears didn't move in yet.

The 109 st-114 st is such an improvement, especially a lot more trees and greenery. Looking forward to the rest getting done as well, but boy there will be a LOT of construction and access issue in the core next few years.
The greenery is honestly my favourite part. Nothing helps a downtown street more imo than big foliage and boulevards between streets and pedestrians.

The challenge is that Edmonton (like almost anything west of the Mississipi) was not designed for marching armies nor horse and carriage and so cross sections are not ideal for anyone.

One final update on Revolution Square. The whole complex is being demoed. It's all fenced off. So maybe a Revolution Square thread. I'll do some digging and find out more.
Is this perimeter fence something NEW?

I have noticed the bicycle stock is pretty hefty through the windows at the old Edmonton Motors.
No kidding lol

IMG_5747.jpeg

Back