Douglas Manor Addition | 23m | 6s | ROIS Investments | David Murray

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
There is an active building permit in place for the building for exterior and interior renovations that is working it's way through the review process. I'm hopeful the owner has enough cash to repair the fire damage and this doesn't turn into another Arlington situation.

There is an active building permit in place for the building for exterior and interior renovations that is working it's way through the review process. I'm hopeful the owner has enough cash to repair the fire damage and this doesn't turn into another Arlington situation.
I hope so too. Between what is torn down for development, because it falls into disrepair or because of things like fires, there are not a lot of older buildings left in the historic areas and they are really losing their character.

It is not quite as bad in this area, but is noticeable in Garneau by the University, west of the General Hospital and around 98 Ave (between 103 and 105 Streets) where almost everything older has been torn down and there are now a bunch of empty lots.

Given the structural, water, smoke damage I dont see it coming back... let alone the forthcoming bio damage.

Does this building have asbestos ?
I haven't heard of any asbestos inspection being carried out. This could potentially be hazardous for people living in the area.

Any leads ???

Not sure what your angle is here, but it was far from negatively and absolutely from experience and historical likelihood. Almost always these are damaged beyond repair from the initial event, exposed to the elements for too long post-event leading to a multitude of issues or simply not viable to rebuild 'as-was'.

Look at:

-Kelly Ramsey
-Arlington
-Leamington Mansion

to name a few. Having worked on evaluating buildings impacted by fire, this had all of the markings of another complete loss.

So you said... but you were wrong! And Kelly Ramsey rose from the ashes in a very creative way. Arlington was essentially burned to the ground -- not a very difficult call there. You have a propensity to underscore the negative is all that I am saying. Imagine if you applied the same anti-boosterism to Canmore.

Back