Coronation Community Recreation Centre | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton | Dub Architects

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IMG_6814.jpeg
IMG_6815.jpeg

With the new Velodrome, Peter Hemingway Pool, Queen Elizabeth Planetarium and Telus World of Science all adjacent to one another, Coronation Park should be renamed to 'Galaxy Park' or something since all look like they could be from another planet and two of those were expressly constructed for space research / learning.

^so will the general public be able to rent a bike and go for a spin around the track?
I suspect there will be classes, but no drop in. Track riding is a specialty. Even the roadies I know take it as a new sport. You would have to prove competence to use the track. and being a wood surface you would not want it damaged.

I suspect there will be classes, but no drop in. Track riding is a specialty. Even the roadies I know take it as a new sport. You would have to prove competence to use the track. and being a wood surface you would not want it damaged.

Yes, plus the risk of injuring others with a fall or crash. These bikes don't have brakes on them either which takes some getting used to, or at least didn't when I rode at the velodrome some 25 years ago.

Last edited:

Back