Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Really hope this location is a huge success and can spur more retailers to take a chance downtown—even if it's just in Ice District for now. What kind of CRU space is still available over there? Are there any along 104 under Ford Hall or is that all back-of-house stuff?

Call me crazy but I'd love for 103 ave to be given a massive road diet, and have that parkade in front of Henry Singer turn into a commercial podium. Imagine a Zara and an H&M in this area, with the scramble crossing? in front of or in the Ice District?

Call me crazy but I'd love for 103 ave to be given a massive road diet, and have that parkade in front of Henry Singer turn into a commercial podium. Imagine a Zara and an H&M in this area, with the scramble crossing? in front of or in the Ice District?
There is a mall right nearby with a number of currently available spaces that could probably immediately and easily accommodate Zara and H&M if they wanted to be in this area.

There is a mall right nearby with a number of currently available spaces that could probably immediately and easily accommodate Zara and H&M if they wanted to be in this area.
True! And probably more realistic. But I'd love for it to be streetfacing on 103 Ave on the scramble for the big city feeling.

Not to nitpick but it's not really a parkade per se

1702591324170.png

A) What do you think is more likely—ECC or Ice District getting a retailer like Zara, H&M or similar? and B) What do you think is a realistic timeline on that happening, if ever?

That is the service delivery entrance as well as a secondary tenant entrance. When I di park there we used it as a quick exit some days. But its only supposed to be for deliveries.

A) What do you think is more likely—ECC or Ice District getting a retailer like Zara, H&M or similar? and B) What do you think is a realistic timeline on that happening, if ever?

Neither.

H&M passed and Zara is unlikely given the retail environment.

I could see something like an Adidas life-style store, but Edmonton simply does not have enough foot traffic in the Downtown to warrant it.

Well, if it were me I would be tempted by the nice shiny new spot, but if that comes with higher rent, one thing it might depend on how is much more.

I don't think they would turn them down if approached with a good offer, but I think the focus ICE district is more towards higher end retail, entertainment or financial services.

ECC also has better parking IMO, is closer to transit and and has other retailers, so that may be part of the consideration too.

So snap up that rendering and post it so some of us can deride it and others can say how good it looks compared to the last effort.

Back