Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
@Jarodsc17 I don't see it that way at all. At 145m it will be our 5th tallest based solely on what's currently U/C.

In terms of 100m+ towers downtown, we have the following progression:
1990: Commerce Place
2010: Icon II
2011: EPCOR Tower
2016: Enbridge Centre, Ultima
2017: Edmonton Tower, Fox Two
2019: JW Marriott, Stantec
2020: Tower B, Encore

Again, this is just what's U/C. Massey-Harris-Ferguson, Jasper House could add to the 2020 or 2021 if they started right away. That ain't bad at all.

A better question is which rendition we're getting. I poked on Twitter, but they said it was simply a different angle than what they posted.

Perhaps, someone with more pull can reach out.

G8w2pv7ST8G+xmv2I++6FQ.jpg

Pouring some concrete today.

Attachments

• G8w2pv7ST8G+xmv2I++6FQ.jpg
    G8w2pv7ST8G+xmv2I++6FQ.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 354
Chris posted this over at C2E from the set of renders that archited posted from the in person meeting. Shows the cross section and it is definitely taller than Manulife in the frame, which is 146m. I wonder if they went back to the second cheese grater design instead of the one that archited posted. That would be a shame. Someone should really ask for the drawings, so we know which design we are going with. The second one was awful. I do count 43s in the newer render though. Great Scott, both the latest render and second render are 43s. Graham posted the second one IIRC.

Ice District Tower B
by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

Last edited:
@westcoastjos I think that's an old image. I did confirm with Graham that it's 145m. It may in fact appear slightly taller than Manulife due to slightly different ground heights, but probably not as much as shown there. I can prod around and see if I can get a current render out of someone, but pretty sure the one @archited posted is current.

@westcoastjos I did confirm with Graham that it's 145m. It may in fact appear slightly taller than Manulife due to slightly different ground heights. I can prod around and see if I can get a current render out of someone, but pretty sure the one @archited posted is current.
Indeed. My sleuthing confirms that. However, as I said, both renders are 43s, so it will be interesting to see which one we get.

@westcoastjos I think that's an old image. I did confirm with Graham that it's 145m. It may in fact appear slightly taller than Manulife due to slightly different ground heights, but probably not as much as shown there. I can prod around and see if I can get a current render out of someone, but pretty sure the one @archited posted is current.
If you can also ask about details on the slanted top ? Will it be lit and the height of that section?. Thanks @Daveography

Back