Centre Polonia | ?m | 3s

Edmcowboy11

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed this sign yesterday as I was driving by on Kingsway. Looks like a totally different idea than what was originally proposed for the site south of the Polish Hall. I guess it is proposed for opening in 2023.

Centre Polonia

20220216_105835.jpg

This is really cool. Their website has a video showcasing it: https://centrepolonia.com/

It looks like it will be a really nice hub for the Polish community. There will be dance rooms, meeting rooms, a cafe/restaurant/bar and an ethnic store. 5 minutes away from Kingsway station.

They're currently seeking donations to help build it. Best of luck to them

address for this? The building looks good, but what's with the two seas of asphalt on either side of the building ☹️ hoping this is just a rough render, as it seems quite overkill, especially while the patio space seems quite cramped. Even if its as not as public of a facility as other types, it should still be held to a higher standard especially given its central-ish location (so it appears). As a cultural hall/ centre, you'd think a large outdoor space/garden would be appealing for outdoor/summer events?

address for this? The building looks good, but what's with the two seas of asphalt on either side of the building ☹️ hoping this is just a rough render, as it seems quite overkill, especially while the patio space seems quite cramped. Even if its as not as public of a facility as other types, it should still be held to a higher standard especially given its central-ish location (so it appears). As a cultural hall/ centre, you'd think a large outdoor space/garden would be appealing for outdoor/summer events?
Those are existing parking lots from the adjacent lots. But I agree, it would be nice if they eventually convert them.

I agree, the building itself looks good, but the sea of asphalt detracts from it. So I hope the people designing this project go back to the drawing board on this part and come up with a more exciting use of the outdoor space.

I know it's Edmonton, but its 2022 - live a little, let go of the excess parking space.

I agree, the building itself looks good, but the sea of asphalt detracts from it. So I hope the people designing this project go back to the drawing board on this part and come up with a more exciting use of the outdoor space.

I know it's Edmonton, but its 2022 - live a little, let go of the excess parking space.
I love parking as much as the next person on this site haha. But one consideration for a cultural hub like this might be their desire to gather people from all corners of the city. Unlike a more local or regional business or hub, cultural/religious/ethnic centres are often trying to draw people from every part of the city. Therefore parking needs might be higher.

I love parking as much as the next person on this site haha. But one consideration for a cultural hub like this might be their desire to gather people from all corners of the city. Unlike a more local or regional business or hub, cultural/religious/ethnic centres are often trying to draw people from every part of the city. Therefore parking needs might be higher.
The LRT stop is right there and after all it’s the City Centre. You would think they would need less parking rather than increase the volume adjacent to a hospital.

Guarantee the sea of parking is for leasing to AHS/AHS employees. That gravel parking lot they have leased to AHS is a cash cow. Likely don't want to give that up.

Back