Brewery District | ?m | ?s | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Did some digging and it looks like Anejo is opening a location in that empty spot by Cobs! It's a modern Mexican restaurant that has locations in Toronto, Calgary and Banff. They have killer happy hour with $6 margaritas and $3 tacos - can't wait to check it out once it opens and soak up the sun on their rooftop patio 😍

Did some digging and it looks like Anejo is opening a location in that empty spot by Cobs! It's a modern Mexican restaurant that has locations in Toronto, Calgary and Banff. They have killer happy hour with $6 margaritas and $3 tacos - can't wait to check it out once it opens and soak up the sun on their rooftop patio 😍
Oh good! Been meaning to get to their "Silver" location in South Common for their HH eats/drinks. Is it in the strip or a free standing building?

It's on my regular circuit and quite good value, fun and tasty.

Glad to see that spot fill up, although I was hoping for a bookstore. Still, sad for family-owned Frida so close by and dealing with LRT construction.

Frida is now one of my go-to places for Mexican cuisine in Edmonton now that Tres Carnales and Rostizado have closed down, El Beso's opening hours are limited and the service at Maria is hit & miss. Surely supporting a local eatery such as Frida would be preferable to enduring the Brewery District's hellscape to eat a chain, am I right?

Frida is now one of my go-to places for Mexican cuisine in Edmonton now that Tres Carnales and Rostizado have closed down, El Beso's opening hours are limited and the service at Maria is hit & miss. Surely supporting a local eatery such as Frida would be preferable to enduring the Brewery District's hellscape to eat a chain, am I right?
With a rooftop patio surrounded by a congested parking lot no less lol.

I also just heard today that the owners of Bianco and Rosso are opening another restaurant in the Brewery District right where Molson Brewery used to be. Novesta signs are already up on the windows and they’re the ones who worked on Bianco so it’s all adding up! What an exciting time for the area 😍
That’s correct. It’s been the owners’ vision to have three restaurants all named after the colours of the Italian flag in Italian (rosso and bianco mean red and white, so last I heard they’re working on green).

^great news! Despite brewery district being a more articulated collection of car centric CRUs, the western edge historical brewery buildings are beautiful and do help add to the urban experience. That patio at brewery building has been begging for a quality tenant and I'm sure the Rosso group will deliver.

My dream is for 2-3 towers to get proposed along the northern edge of 104ave to at least give it a bit more urban feel, even if the surface parking and all of that stays for a while still. Here’s a few spots that seem prime!

9BBA6316-5834-4A91-B645-A2D7825B0927.jpeg
2FCC0573-E67A-452F-9FB1-686F02621197.jpeg
A42F7209-C2A8-44EE-AF09-6F02A1CEBDDF.jpeg
96D9AEDC-D7AC-464B-8927-A3562BFF55DD.jpeg
D8F8AC02-94EE-4B5B-BC33-625B4D3BDD4A.jpeg

Back