Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
JeZ0svr.jpg
FcS0irQ.jpg

Source: DTrobotnik on C2E

Might actually be 30-31s, difficult to count from a sketch.

Attachments

• JeZ0svr.jpg
    JeZ0svr.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 1,608
  • FcS0irQ.jpg
    FcS0irQ.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 1,465
Second major development touted for busy west Edmonton intersection
A company wants to redevelop the derelict Blue Chicago site on Stony Plain Road and 142 Street, potentially the second major project for the key intersection.

Alldritt Land Corp. is notifying nearby residents it plans to apply for rezoning of the intersection’s southwest corner. The development site also includes several homes south of the Blue Chicago.

Alldritt wants to build a mixed-use development, including two slim residential towers, up to three floors of retail and office space to frame the street, outdoor spaces for cafes and dining, and an “elegant urban plaza to serve the surrounding community throughout the year,” says a letter sent to residents.

an-artists-rendering-showing-one-possible-design-for-alldrit.jpeg

Source / Full Story (Edmonton Journal)

Attachments

• an-artists-rendering-showing-one-possible-design-for-alldrit.jpeg
    an-artists-rendering-showing-one-possible-design-for-alldrit.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,280
A demolition permit has been issued for the Blue Chicago building, as well as the Bella Music building to the west. I wonder if any developments are in the works...

upload_2018-3-26_11-51-35.png

upload_2018-3-26_11-53-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-26_11-51-35.png
    upload_2018-3-26_11-51-35.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,200
  • upload_2018-3-26_11-53-7.png
    upload_2018-3-26_11-53-7.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 665
  • upload_2018-3-26_11-53-26.png
    upload_2018-3-26_11-53-26.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,179
i am a little bit late but i would have love to know about this before the 4th to stop the demolition of an awesome building which was one of rhe only piece of history left in this sad city... if this poor multimillionaire would have taken the time to go thru the bulding and removing the hundred thousand dollards of objects going from plates, all the old sound system, the hundreds of viyl that were still hung on the walls, the 4x3x3 still closed safe that was hidden behind the little stage and or all the supplies hidden in the basement.

while 3/4 of our population struggles to make enough money to pay the bills in the wounderful city of so called deadmonton, (the following is an assumption since i have no clue who this person is... if he cares thos i woud to actually use this property for something else then some ugly towers that wont sell because nobody wants to stay here... there are apartements for rent everywhere why build more??? the roads all built in a way where they cant take much more traffic and with the insane amount of shitty driver and stupid speed limit changes it would only be more chaotic if they keep trying to stack more people in this city) some bored too rich too even enjoy a lil bit of his owning wont even let the public go thru those beautiful place scared of not being able to throw it ALL in the garbage because he can and need the poor to show up to work and complete his ugly not necessary visual pollution of crappy tower.

i could write all night and day but thats enough.

GOOD MORNING EDMONTON

steve

@AGAINST TOWERS Hi Steve, welcome to the forum!

I don't know if towers are right for the site, but being right on a Valley Line LRT stop, it's very likely you will see towers built here. My advice to you, going through a similar situation in my neighbourhood of Holyrood is this:
  1. If you want to have a voice at the table, join your community league and if they don't already have a civics or development committee, help them form one.
  2. Start establishing a relationship with the owner, Aldritt (the family has a long history here in Edmonton, FYI, they're not a faceless developer by any stretch).
  3. Start familiarizing yourself with the city's guiding plans (especially The Way We Grow), TOD Guidelines, zoning bylaws, etc. You will need to know what the city permits and desires for a site like this one.
  4. With that in mind, start thinking about what you as a community would want in return for increased density here. Because let's face it, the city is going to want density here. Start thinking about what it should give back - some examples might be family-oriented housing, affordable housing, streetscape upgrades, greenspace, donations to community organizations, or parking maximums (to reduce added traffic and encourage LRT, bike, etc.)
  5. When a rezoning does come though, get to know the planners involved and build a relationship with them, and your city Councillor, too.
  6. Read the draft DC2 carefully and compare it to the documents you read in #3. Watch out for vague wording, variances from the guidelines, etc., and use those as your negotiating points.
  7. Be professional. It's easy to get emotional with big changes coming, I get that. But those relationships you form will be important to maintain, and extremely difficult to repair if you don't.
  8. Be realistic. The city has plans and goals that including building LRT and density in key locations. You won't be able to fight those, they are required to be part of a growing, thriving city. Think instead about what you want in return to help alleviate the added pressures that added density may bring.
Hope that helps! If you ever want to chat about it and hear more about our experiences in Holyrood, please feel free to reach out to me.

@oSxNarwhal I don't think it's fair to say Steve is trolling, I know many Edmontonians share similar concerns. The key is understanding the people and circumstances involved, how the city's plans and policies work, how to be involved and engaged in the process, and how to ensure communities are getting enough in return for the growing pains.

Back