• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
beljan-block-2.jpeg
beljan-block-edmonton.jpeg

This single-story building that previously housed two retail tenants is about to become a new two-story structure named Beljan Block. Once completed, this will add additional retail space to Whyte Avenue and further contribute to the vibrant sidewalk culture that already exists on this destination street. More information will follow as plans proceed.

Building Summary: 7,000 Sq. Ft.
Address: 10330 – 82 Avenue, Edmonton
Type: Retail / Office

Source: http://beljandevelopment.com/projects/beljan-block/

Attachments

• beljan-block-2.jpeg
    beljan-block-2.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 638
  • beljan-block-edmonton.jpeg
    beljan-block-edmonton.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 750
I don't understand. Are both buildings in the render being built? They only demolished one lot to build this, so not sure if both buildings will fit?

From ChrisD at Connect2Edmonton (yeah I know, slow news day, gotta lurk for some tidbits):

The building was originally built in the 1930's and many of the historical defining elements were removed/altered through previous renovations. That being said we are proposing a partial demolition and are keeping portions of the existing structure (foundation, main floor and ceiling structure). We are hoping for our DP approval this week. Construction to commence in May.

(Emphasis mine)

It looks like there's already a tenant applying for one of the retail spots, and it's one of my favourite retailers in the whole wide universe:

Reference ID: Job No 183822815-007
Description: To change the portion of a General Retail Store on main floor to a Restaurant and construct interior and exterior alterations.
Plan I Blk 68 Lot 7
Applicant: JOHN FLUEVOG SHOES
Create Date: 7/21/2016 2:06:29 PM
Neighbourhood: STRATHCONA

PERMIT_DATE December 20, 2016
PERMIT_NUMBER 183822815-005
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10330 - 82 AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD STRATHCONA
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct an addition to a commercial building - Retail Store and two Restaurants (2nd and partial 3rd Storey addition, General Retail on main floor and Restaurants on upper floors with rooftop patios).
FLOOR_AREA 2,778
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 1,300,000
ZONING DC1, DC1, DC1, DC1

Back