Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Proposed Rezoning in Belgravia for a Low-Rise Apartment Building
November 1, 2017

Belgravia residents are invited to a public meeting about a proposal to rezone property on the southwest corner of 115 Street and 76 Avenue NW.

Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Time: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. (drop-in)
Location:Belgravia Community League, 11540-73 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB

The proposed rezoning from a RA7 (Low Rise Apartment Zone) to a DC2 (Site Specific Development Control Provision) would allow for the opportunity to develop a high density, four storey (14.5 metre) low-rise apartment building. The apartment building would contain a maximum of 71 residential units and have underground parking accessed from the south lane.

The meeting will be an opportunity to learn more about the proposal and provide feedback to the City and the applicant. Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council for a final decision on the rezoning.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/belgravia

Media contact:
Lisa Sobchyshyn
Communications Advisor
780-442-7192

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,233
Edmonton council approves rezoning for Belgravia development, despite resident concerns
Edmonton city council has approved rezoning for a proposed high-density, low-rise condo building at 76th Avenue and 115th Street, but not before hearing from several Belgravia residents concerned about the plan at a public hearing Monday.

An open house was held in November, where Niche Development said feedback for its project was positive, but there were concerns about the building's size, design, amenities and effects on traffic in the area.

belgravia-1.JPG

Aerial view of proposed rezoning area in Belgravia at southwest corner 115th Street and 76th Avenue. (City of Edmonton)

The Belgravia Community League raised those same issues at the public hearing.

"The building is crowding the street," said Marcel Huculak, a member of the Belgravia Community League.

"It's losing opportunity to make a good front yard space for people to have an animated street and interact with the street, having children and stuff playing in those front yard spaces, and also to have more eyes on the street when you have more people in the front of their units."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ing-concerns-public-hearing-1.4553341?cmp=rss

Looking to move quickly it seems.

Reference ID: Job No 277199744-001
Description: To Construct a 68 Dwelling Apartment House
Plan 1275HW Blk 3 Lot 15
Applicant: 2036554 ALBERTA LTD.
Create Date: 3/15/2018 3:48:30 PM
Neighbourhood: BELGRAVIA

"...but there were concerns about the building's size, design, amenities and effects on traffic in the area."
I think you could copy and paste that into an article about every new development and no one would notice.

Back