News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Aurora Sky | ?m | ?s | Aurora Cannabis

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is significant enough to merit its own thread I think.

Huge marijuana production facility near Edmonton airport breaks ground
Medical marijuana company Aurora Cannabis held an official groundbreaking Friday for its massive production facility near the Edmonton airport to mark the facility’s — and the company’s — progress.

Work on the 75,000-square-metre facility, dubbed Aurora Sky, began last fall. The skeleton of about one quarter of the facility is already up.

“It’s astonishing. We’re building the country’s largest cannabis facility on 30 acres of federal land,” said Cam Battley, executive vice-president of Aurora Cannabis.

Construction of the facility, located next to the Edmonton International Airport, is expected to be complete before the legalization of recreational marijuana in July 2018. However, the company hopes to start production before the end of 2017 to meet growing demand for medical marijuana.

Once marijuana is legalized and the facility is running at full capacity, the company expects to produce more than 100,000 kg of marijuana per year.

http://edmontonjournal.com/business...-facility-near-edmonton-airport-breaks-ground

'I’ve never seen anything like this.' Aurora Cannabis weeding out global competition
story-308961-353165-image-rendered.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

A rendering of Aurora Sky, a new 800,000-square-foot production facility Aurora Cannabis is constructing near Edmonton International Airport.

Forget about maple syrup and poutine, there’s a new product from the Great White North slated to hit the world market: Canadian cannabis.

Aurora Sky, the 800,000-square-foot marijuana production facility near Edmonton International Airport, has had about 80 per cent of its glass greenhouses erected, with six of their 17 planned growing bays completed.

Aurora Cannabis, the parent company, currently has a roughly 55,000-square-foot facility in Mountain View County. Each one of the growing bays at Aurora Sky will be bigger the entire growing space of their current operation. The company says it’s the world’s largest cannabis production facility.

But what the company’s executive vice president, Cam Battley, is most excited about is how Canada is slated to be a world leader in the medicinal cannabis industry.

“I’ve spent my whole career in biotech and pharma and I’ve never seen anything like this,” Battley said. “We are literally inventing a new industry in real time.”

http://www.metronews.ca/news/edmonton/2017/09/04/aurora-cannabis-weeding-out-global-competition.html

Here's something interesting (and you'll appreciate this @Daveography as a connoisseur of the custom draft) a brewery company in Los Angeles is releasing a new product that has beer infused with cannabis resin -- I can't imagine how that will taste, but, I suppose, if one has a few, one probably won't even care.

@archited I'm actually taking a great interest in these kinds of innovative products, not for personal consumption mind you, but because they have the potential to drastically alter the lives of people with chronic conditions and mental illnesses but who are not comfortable inhaling combustible products. Lots of Canadian companies are leading this charge as well. I don't want to overstate things, but it could end up being quite medically revolutionary.

World's biggest licensed cannabis facility gets green light to grow
The world’s largest licensed cannabis facility just got the green light to start growing right outside of Edmonton.

Aurora Sky, the 800,000-square-foot greenhouse located on the Edmonton International Airport land, received its Health Canada cultivation licence Monday.

“We are excited as can be,” said Cam Battley, Chief Corporate Officer of Aurora Cannabis.

The greenhouse is still under construction but has several grow rooms prepared to get rolling as early as this week.

“We are ready to start growing right away,” Battley said.

“We’re anticipating our first harvest in the second calendar quarter of this year, and completing the entire 800,000 square feet by this summer.”

At full capacity, Aurora Sky will produce more than 100,000 kg of cannabis per year.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/edmont...nnabis-facility-gets-green-light-to-grow.html

Awesome news!

Aurora Cannabis calling Edmonton home with its world HQ
At 800,000-square-feet, the Aurora Sky facility being built by Aurora Cannabis at the Edmonton International Airport is poised to be the largest licensed cannabis facility in the world.

It is a big bet by the company as Canada moves towards legalized marijuana, but not the only one Aurora is making in Edmonton.

“Aurora Cannabis is headquartered in Edmonton. This is our world headquarters,” said Cam Battley, the Chief Corporate Officer of Aurora.

“Edmonton is a great place to do business.”

Battley says part of the reason Edmonton was chosen is because the company’s founder is from here, but friendly business policies from the provincial government played a role too.

Along with housing employees at its EIA facility, the company has acquired office space in the city’s downtown, and plans to employ more than 400 people in Edmonton this year, with hopes of growing its footprint even further in the years ahead.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4007818/aurora-cannabis-edmonton-headquarters-marijuana/

Back