Aurora Project (Telus World of Science Expansion) | ?m | ?s | TWOSE | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hopefully this project will allow this museum to be on par with the Telus Spark in Calgary.
On par?? TelusSpark is nothing compared to the amazing science centre we have here!

I swear even when we do have something better than them some of us here get a case of Calgary JealouslyTM for no reason.

As a Calgarian who has never been to the Edmonton Science Centre, I can fully claim that Telus Spark sucks. Probably the most sterile, underwhelming, boring, bland piece of public infrastructure the city has. I mean have you seen the outside? It is literally a box with tin siding and some useless metal sticks attached to the outside that serve no purpose. You would never know it was a science centre or a place that is supposed to “spark” curiosity. I went once and I would never go again. Such a waste of money. The old science centre that is now an art gallery is 1000x the building that Spark is. Telus Spark is my most hated public building in the city and probably the only flop the city has built.

Today. Seems to me a little bit simplified version compared to drawings. There is a large lot of land north of the center up to grass bowling club. Could be built up in the future if some new ideas would come out 🙂
20220330_145625.jpg

20220330_145621.jpg

As a Calgarian who has never been to the Edmonton Science Centre, I can fully claim that Telus Spark sucks. Probably the most sterile, underwhelming, boring, bland piece of public infrastructure the city has. I mean have you seen the outside? It is literally a box with tin siding and some useless metal sticks attached to the outside that serve no purpose. You would never know it was a science centre or a place that is supposed to “spark” curiosity. I went once and I would never go again. Such a waste of money. The old science centre that is now an art gallery is 1000x the building that Spark is. Telus Spark is my most hated public building in the city and probably the only flop the city has built.

Science? SCIENCE?! SCIENCE has no place within that city’s boundaries.

Back